or Connect

Posts by HappilyEvrAfter

I have a near 5 YO...if he's not talking then it means he's finally fallen asleep. Lol. He's pretty competitive so we recently learned the Quiet Game. It's totally awesome and he keeps wanting to play cause I always (most always ) win.
Ex has to foot the bill to take his alloted once a month visit regardless of whether *I* moved or he moved; regardless of distance...IF he takes it and we both agree to the dates. And we are ordered to pay half of any transportation cost for the kiddo so he can take his summer extended visitation. This year we're both driving half way because plane tickets would cost a fortune. This is all detailed in our decree because we're both military and knew that eventually...
((((((hugs)))))))) to those starting this new situation. I know it's hard, but everything will be okay. You're doing the right thing...distraction, distration, distraction. I'm getting geared up to 6 weeks without mine. ::sigh:: I wish I could say it gets easier as they get older and get used to the schedule. Well, sometimes it does...but there will always be bumps. ((((hugs))) to them and us.
Thanks...I'll check the linky when I get home....not allowed through my work firewall!
When my DS was 2ish we "lost" all our bottles and they were replaced overnight by cool sippy cups...the ones with stoppers. They were harder to suck out liquid as he fell asleep so less seeped into his mouth at night. Not only did his consumption drop off, his peeing at night tapered too. I guess he just eventually either fell asleep quicker or his mouth got tired of sucking quicker cause we graudally realized more and more milk was left in the cup at morning...
Quote: Originally Posted by vegasgrl Your DS, though driving you mad, is showing that he cares about things outside himself. That's really cool! .... Just my .02. Ya know, I hadn't thought about this way either.... : I made sure to spend some very one-on-one time with him all evening and it was a joy. As we were going to bed he said, "Momma, I bet the birds we saw are thinking about the worms they get to catch in the morning." I...
Lol. I must be in a rut cause I've read that book and loved it...Lol. Maybe I've overlooked his love cup this past week...
So, my 4.5yo started with something new this past week and this time it's driving me BATTY! I could deal with the WHY? stage because most everything could be answered. If I didn't know the answer to a serious question, we looked it up. If it was a non-sensical question we "played" it out. BUT THIS IS driving me batty.: He is constantly asking me what something is thinking. "Momma, what do think that plant is thinking about for dinner?" "Do you think that...
Quote: Originally Posted by babyonmyback It's hard for me to remember (especially because she is SO VERBAL!) that an almost 4 year old is still a year young little being that needs a lot of help. I'm glad you got help from everyone else, but I just wanted to add... Ugh. I do this alot too. I forget that my DS is still so little mentally because when we talk it's like talking to a much older child...I swear. When we're having a converstaion I...
Oh, how wonderful!! Go get him! Can't wait to feel that again!