or Connect

Posts by HappilyEvrAfter

My DS4 washes himself except his hair with my prompting. I thought it was important that he start learning that his private areas were his to take care of and touch....but washing with soap is an everyother night thing because of skin issues. I do the "short trips in and out" every now and then, but for the most part he wants me in there to keep him company. I could trust him to get out and grab a towel, but I just worry too much about him slipping and cracking his...
Thanks for all the replies! Ex pays child support (though I wouldn't make that a dependent issue) and is generally in the picture (mostly takes his visitation, calls about once a week-ish), so he's not absent and I've never denied visitation within the realm of our divorce decree. Sometimes *I* wish here were absent, but know that woudn't be good for DS and, in the end, will be a good thing. Just that the X made the comment that I should make DS talk on the phone...
YEEEEESS!!! Thank you! I couldn't think of the name for nothing!
Ok, I'm looking for something for my son, but I don't know what to call it so I can search the internet for one. Pretty simple...once of those cube paper bax with a light bulb that has a mobile thing inside of it so that when the light is turned on you can see the pattern revolving (the light shines through). I always see thm in movies where it's the kids bedtime and think if would be cool to have, but now I can't seem to find it on the internet cause I don't know...
Do you think maybe it's making her stomach hurt? Maybe an allergy or something?
Can I get ya'lls take on this issue? All the people around me IRL have drastically differing opionions on whether or not it's partly my rsponsiblity to foster my kid's relationship with his father. I am of the midset that he's the one that threw our family life away so it should be on his shoulder's to ensure his kid knows/loves him. Other people I know say that as the mother I have a responsibility to ensure he knows his father no matter what our issues...
(((hugs))) to you as you go through this. Sometimes it will be easier and sometimes it will be harder, I won't lie. BUT as time goes on you will find that you get better at coping with it. We've been doing this visitation thing now for 2 years and I'm finding that it makes it better if you plan something that you don't usually get to do...give yourself the permission to look forward to something. I make a list of things that I normally put off or things I can't do...
Quote: Originally Posted by SeekingSerenity He's gone through a "not-fair" stage already, and my response to that was usually the same one my mom used to give me: "Life's not fair, darling." Oh, yes. We went through this too and I heard the same thing. Sometimes life is just not fair. He used too say back to me, "Stop saying that to me." and then I woould say, "Then please stop complaining that everything isn't fair." I dunno if that...
Honestly, I think kids go through cyclical hormonal/mental development shifts that alter their behavior across the board in almost the same way. It's amazing, if you look at this board as a whole (and other boards as well, I'm sure), kids from all different backgrounds seem to go through extremely similar situations at about the same time no matter what their previous upbringing or previous disposition. I'm sure somewhere in child psychology it's addressed, but I'm...
DS towel is a weekly wash. Mine is usually twice a week cause Mon-Wed-Fri I shower twice due to the gym. We always, always hang them up to dry right after use.