or Connect

Posts by Sunday Moon

I had a successful VBAC at MTH last November.  My OBGYN is Dr. Wilcox and he made sure that all doctors and nurses I came in contact with were aware of my wishes.  I can't say enough about him!  One nurse mentioned c-section during my labor and when I told Dr. Wilcox (sadly he wasn't on call that night) he was annoyed it was even brought up.  He sincerely was my greatest cheerleader throughout my pregnancy.   nak so I can't type too much now but PM me if you are...
My 8 month old is still swaddled when in his crib (we bedshare part time) and is developing on target with all of his milestones. He cannot sleep unswaddled (but in our bed he is sprawled out) and I'm at a loss as to how to break him of it. Apparently he needs it so we will keep doing it. So I think you are fine!
I take my 8 month old outside a lot as well. Now that it's spring we spend as much time as we can going for walks or playing in the backyard. I talk to him about the trees and plants and leaves. He also LOVES going shopping (perfect for rainy or cold days) and people stop to talk to him all the time since he's usually in the mei tai and close to eye level. He's fascinated by everything when we are out and about and I talk to him about what I am buying. When we are...
My chiropractor in Scranton has someone named Toby Landon as a speaker. I just got an email that she is offering a class on Raw Food Desserts in April. Here is her website. http://www.rawteacher.com/tobylandon/ Hope that helps!!
earthymato2, no way! Who is your MIL? (You can PM me if you would like). I have to third the love for Dr. Jamie. She's wonderful.
We go to Dr. Paul Tomcykoski in Jessup. I like him a lot and he is pro breastfeeding and was receptive to delaying vaxes. In fact, he asks permission before vaxing and told me that he would carry out my wishes regarding vaccines since I am the parent. When I asked if I could nurse my son when he got some shots he said "absolutely!" Those of you in Hawley/Honesdale....I am a teacher at Wallenpaupack!!
I had a c-section 6 weeks ago and the nurse had DS try and latch on probably within a half hour of being in the recovery room. He was with me from the moment I entered the recovery room and I remember the nurse asking me if I was ready to nurse him. I was so happy about that! It was really hard at first because I was pretty much lying down flat to avoid a spinal headache. We kept at it but things were complicated due to a tongue tie and the fact that DS was a lazy...
Thank you mamas! Your words help a LOT! I pumped this morning and Mason actually fell asleep happily in his swing so at least he enjoys it (sometimes). I started using the hands free pump so at least now I can sit in front of him and play with him when I pump (hopfully I can avoid knocking the bottles over). Gosh, I never knew what guilt felt like before becoming a mama. All your words make sense, especially about it not being "normal" to be alone with babe. Even...
My son is 5 weeks old and we are struggling with breastfeeding (tongue tie which was clipped, babe is a lazy nurser so weight gain was very slow initially) but I am determined to make it work. Since Mason was not gaining weight by nursing alone I am pumping and supplementing with bottles until we can get the hang of it. I think we are getting somewhere but I have to pump several times during the day and since DH is at work I am alone with Mason. In order to pump I have...
YES! It's Dr. Jamie. She rocks! I learned so much from her. In fact, I need to make a postpartum appt. with her. I am definitely considering a homebirth for my second but it's getting DH on board that will make things a little tricky. I have plenty of time to work on him, though!