or Connect

Posts by meco

Well, I always used an umbrella. I would often wedge it in the carrier so I did not have to carry it. I did not want to use a poncho, and once my babe was too big to front carry, a raincoat would not have fit over us. If you can still front carry, I'd get an oversized raincoat, put it on over you both and put a big rain hat on the baby. I definitely recommend a good rain hat. You could use a sleeping hood if your carrier has one, but it's probably not waterproof....
I am researching learning centers for my 7 year old son. He is a less than enthusiastic reader, and I thought he might benefit from some extra attention in this area. I was hoping to hear some of your experiences with them. I have been looking at Kumon and Sylvan, and I have found a number of other smaller programs. I don't have any experience with them or know much about them, and I wanted to gain a better understanding. I'd love to hear any thoughts or concerns...
I love the BabyHawk, but if you are leaning towards ties, there are other carriers you could consider as well. There's the NapSack Baby which has broader, wrap style straps. There's the Kozy Carrier and Mei Tai Baby. While I found the Beco buckles to be a little annoying at first, it quickly becomes second nature. There are also a few other interesting buckle carriers out there--the CatBirdBaby Pikkolo with a waist belt has only three really easy buckles, is super...
GypsyMama has a great gauze wrap. You could consider a solarveil or mesh pouch, like Kangaroo Korner makes. I like the Didymos waves for warm weather.
I think the Beco is a great carrier for a petite person. And since new Beco prints are coming out, I have seen some of the 2009 prints on sale. The AngelPack is a great carrier as well. You could also look at the Boba. I love it for back carries.
Where is it bothering you? That sometimes helps identify where the problem with the fit is. The ERGO should sit right above your hips. The weight should be distributed across your hips. I find that most people prefer a more snug shoulder fit, but I think it depends on the person. I would try different adjustments, as well as adjusting the sternum clip, will help you find the best fit.
I like the 12 oz insulated Klean Kanteens. But they might be too big for your needs. You could just fill them up part-way. You could also consider Foogo Phases straw cups. They are 10 oz. They also have a BPA plastic version that is 11 oz.
I agree, it's not about age. It's about you wear it, what you are comfortable in and how you feel. If you feel confident and good about what you are wearing, you tend to look good. Skinny pants are a classic look, and I think they work well. Plus when you are wearing knee high boots with the pant tucked in, you cannot even tell the cut of the pant below the knee. They look just like any other pair of pants. But you could even rock them with ballet flats (I love this...
Quote: Originally Posted by jillmamma My DS is the same age, about 50 lb, and just a bit shorter, and the Graco Turbobooster works well for him. Awesome. Good to know. He has room in it? I am going to check this one out this weekend. Quote: Originally Posted by chickabiddy The Turbobooster is a good choice, or if you like the deep headwings, the Recaro Vivo (kind of hard to find these days, but nice if you can). He...
Quote: Originally Posted by DahliaRW If you don't own a car I'd probably do a ride safer travel vest. If you want a booster, I'd probably just do a turbobooster. I think that my son would still benefit from a headrest. It seems that because it's used mostly while traveling, we pack in a lot of driving and sleep always seems to happen. And my kid is not really near seat belt ready. I wonder if the safety vest would be appropriate. It'd be so...