or Connect

Posts by meco

Quote: Originally Posted by FreeRangeMama I have a 6 year old and an almost 9 year old (plus 2 youngers) and I would NEVER even consider this for years to come. I was left alone for 1.5 hours a day when I starting when I was 6 and although nothing bad ever happened (and I was a ridiculously responsible child) it was not a good feeling to be alone like that. Sometimes I was lonely, or really excited about something with no one to share it with,...
Does that apply to only your area? It seems like it would make sense as a general rule. In my neighborhood, we have pretty decent bike lanes, but that's not true all over the city. I am amazed at how adept bikers are at manuevering between cars and trucks.
I am over it. It's not even the snow that's the worst, it's the wind. And trying to maneuver around the city. I like it covered in snow or not at all. And tomorrow we are expecting upwards of 8". And then it melts into slush, and then refreezes into ice--which is never fun.
Quote: Originally Posted by woodchick I tend to use my whole right hand to throw the yarn as well, but I'm very quick at it! Sometimes if I'm in the right groove I'll notice that only my index finger is doign the work, but I'm not too sure how often that is. I am the same way! I have relearned, but I still find myself falling back into what works. But I was taught to do what is most comfortable so I don't get too hung up on proper...
I do all the time, and I have ever since my son was a baby. He loves watching me knit, especially now that he's older (newly 7). There were periods where it was much harder to knit around him, and I'd work on smaller, easier projects that I was less invested in. And I saved more complicated projects for when I can give them my undivided attention though. When he was younger, and even now, my son loved sewing paper or card stock with yarn or blunt needles. I also used to...
The ERGO needs to be used with an infant insert, and it's designed for older children. It's also a bulkier soft structured carrier. The Beco is much more trim. The Beco is a great carrier overall. It is a buckle carrier, and I'd recommend a Mei Tai like the Baby Hawk or Kozy Carrier, or even a hybrid like a Napsack Baby. The pouch is a great carrier too, but most people find it easier to use with a hip carry. It's not as hands free with a smaller baby. You can use a...
Who do you use for web and logo design? I am looking for recommendations. Thank you!
Happy New Year! The Lunar New Year is my favorite holiday. Yesterday was the firecracker festival and cultural event. The big parade here is Sunday, and there are lion dancing and events all next weekend as well.
I am looking for booster seat suggestions. My newly 7 year old's booster was recently damaged, and I need to replace it. We don't own a car so typically, we only use it while traveling. Because of this portability is ideal. He had the Britax Parkway, and I did like the head rest feature for traveling as well. He is around 49-50" I think. Not sure about weight. He is thin though. The Parkway seems like it's becoming too narrow, although he has room height wise. He...
The Beco does make back carries really easy. jess, the sling station has great instructional videos http://www.theslingstation.com/baby-...tructions.html I love the wrap (I like the rucksack carry for quick back carries) and the MT for back carries.