or Connect

Posts by meco

The Bjorn does not allow the baby to be carried in the optimal position. When they are smaller, you want the legs to be frogged up in the carrier, which the Bjorn does not allow for. When they are old enough to be legs out, the knees should be above the bottom. With the Bjorn, this is not possible as the baby hangs from their crotch, placing all their weight there. A lot of people find the Bjorn to be quite uncomfortable, especially as your babe gets bigger (and overall,...
The most comfortable carrier is going to vary from person to person. They are both great carriers, but different people are going to prefer one over the other. IME the ergo fit taller and broader people better than smaller, shorter, narrow shouldered or more petite people. There are other differences between the 2 carriers as well. I prefer the Boba because it's a less structured soft structured carrier if that makes sense. It's more trim than the ERGO. I find the straps...
mangopassion, these are really great. I love the idea so much. My son would much rather draw his stories as well, and I think these will be quite useful. Thanks so much for sharing!
My first grader is a really slow writer. She sounds on par with him. He's not all that interested in it, and he tends to have spotty focus. I generally have to sit and guide him if it needs to get done faster.
An ERGO is really designed for bigger babies. They do sell an infant insert, but you could also fashion a blanket in a similar manner (although the insert is also designed to get head and neck support as well since the ERGO has a shorter body). It does sound like your babe is a just a little too small to have legs out. As a PP suggested, one leg in, one leg out is a comfortable position for some babies. Eventually, you won't need the support and your babe can have both...
I use iWork, and I love it. I agree with switching to it. I used to use NeoOffice and OpenOffice before Pages, and I liked both of those programs as well.
I think it often comes down to people not knowing how to properly address a letter or invite or which name to use. It's a very common mistake, I don't think people mean any ill will or malice (most of the time!) and I have learned to deal with. And I have never married my son's father nor have we have been together for over 5 years. Yet I still get addressed as or mail addressed to Meco Son'sLastName or Son MyLastName. Or my favorite Meco or Son...
If you simply just had the TV on a lot as background noise, you can play books on tape (free ones can be sound, like at LibriVox) or music (either CDs, playlists or even Pandora). Long baths and long walks are always nice space fillers. You can always do walks around other places when it's cold (although walks in the cold are quite nice! But once it gets below like 12, it's nippy)--the mall or the Y or the track at the local school or church. Sometimes even just getting...
How cool! I love the photo. The video made me cry. It was beautiful.
I agree that it depends on the child and where you live. My son started going out front alone around 5. A little younger if he was with older neighbor friends. But we live in a city, and going out means going to the sidewalk. This factored significantly into when he started going out alone. I am not sure what age he could walk to the park alone or with a friend. He's almost 7, and he could manage with his almost 9 year old BFF. But I'd still feel comfortable going with...