or Connect

Posts by seriosa

Interesting article in Time magazine... http://www.time.com/time/health/arti...928817,00.html
Sorry no answers, But I'm glad you asked the question. It seems that most threads on here are about toddlers or smaller children. Its sort of hard to see how to apply these principles to an older child who has discovered that its nice to be lazy, and that games and TV are more fun than helping out around the house. A PP mentioned for example that her DD helps without threats or rewards, yet what I see is [QUOTE=sunnmama;14452916]We are neither of these philosophically,...
I voted I love it all the time. Because being a mother is what I am, not what I do. So it's not about whether I need down-time or whether I am at work and concentrated on my projects and DS is completely out of my thoughts. I still AM a mother. There have been examples, like having to care for a sick child while you are sick yourself, or having to deal with a tantruming child. But my understanding of the poll question is not "do you enjoy all the tasks related to...
I'ld really love 2... but DH is definitely, irrevocably done with 1...
Quote: Originally Posted by Fuamami I've wondered that, myself. My mom and dad divorced after I was an adult, and then my dad remarried a younger woman. Somewhat similar story here. But we have no relationship, they live in another country and we have met them (his new family) only once in person. So for me my dad's wife is that - my dad's wife, not my stepmom. I call their 2 children, now teenagers, "my dad's children", not my brother and...
Good Job! ... no seriously, it looks welcoming and peaceful and cozy. And yes the hammock is a great idea! I'm feeling an organising itch...
Just a thought - maybe he is going to bed too early? Maybe he is just not tired or sleepy enough and has unspent energy still running through him? I say this because I have a very active 6yo who will not bed down before 9.30 - 10 pm, waking at 7am. He is slow in the mornings, needs a 10 - 15 minute cushion period between when we wake him and when he actually gets up, but I am like that too so I understand that. And if we try to get him to bed earlier, he will toss around...
Perspective from a WOHM... or J(ob)OHM. My job is where I go a set number of hours for pay. Its not my life. What I do at home is my real life, and that is work. The sum of achievements of great artists, writers etc. is called their life's work, not their life's job.
[QUOTE=eloise24;14352753]Haven't read every single post . . . I don't have any answers for you OP but I see the same trend. What I do find ironic is how "AP parents" hate to be judged (how many threads are there about this every day) and yet as I skimmed all these posts, the same comment is said over and over assuming that parents who have babies who STTN are ignoring them or sleeping through their crying. [QUOTE] In this country co-sleeping is absolutely...
So I have a 40 min. each way commute, and work 6 hours out of home and 2 hours at home mon-fri. I have a DH who also WOH but does his fair share of the housework. We have a babysitter 6 hours a week when my work schedule doesn't match DS school hours. We don't do a lot of extra "fun" activities though, most of our down time is just spent at home in unstructured relaxation Our way - organisation. I'm also a time management / efficiency maniac and always looking for ways...