or Connect

Posts by rhianna813

Tonight we are having Tamale Pie, which is a cornmeal batter on the bottom of a pie pan. Then mix together 1 can of mexican tomatoes and 1 can (or homemade) refried beans, some garlic, cumin and chili powder for the filling. Top with more cornmeal batter and shredded cheddar cheese. Heat til bubbling.   Cheap, easy to make, is vegetarian (can be vegan) and gluten free. Also freezes well.
Hi from Eugene!   Just wanted to say my family and friends just had a great campout at neaby Silver Falls state park. As always the falls were breathtaking. We only did about half of the 10 falls hike though...   You should check it out as a fun family activity: http://www.oregonstateparks.org/park_211.php   Look for the Farm+Garden section on Craigslist for grass fed meats and eggs. You might want to check Portland, Salem and Eugene lists. Farmers from well...
Here's 2 knit patterns with one for younger witchs and another for older ones. It also includes brand colors for yarn. http://diyfashion.about.com/od/diyaccessories/qt/How_Gryffindor.htm   I think burgandy or maroon with gold would be best and most match the movie.
Here are step by step instructions to make Blender Batter pancakes/waffles, which are made from whole grains like brown rice and/or millet. Both are cheap and GF. And they taste great! Waffles freeze well and can be heated from frozen in a toaster. If you get rice from WIC or bulk you might make a bunch and store for later. http://www.suegregg.com/recipes/breakfasts/blenderbatterwaffles/blenderbatterwaffles.htm
Oh I love your silver hair. It doesn't look old ladyish at all!   Gee, thanks.
I guess I would start by first asking “what is parenting”? It’s a very broad topic. Is it only the ability to birth and keep a baby alive? Is it the ability to raise a child who has certain values and behaviours?   I think there are instinctual (and hormonal) aspects of humans to be care takers for other humans and animals, especially babies. So yeah that part is not necessarily learned. But I am not sure that equals actually parenting. And just because you have urge...
I agree with PP, your pickles are not fermented but actually just preserved. However, your preservation methods are not the safest for long term storage. When you only add hot brine or water to the food, but skip the step of putting the jars in a hot water bath; the food has not been preserved properly.   Part of the problem is that the temperature of the brine has not reached a hot enough level thoroughly around the food before it was sealed. The jar can easily...
We had the exact same situation: very wet every night, peed right before bed and when we woke him up he had already peed, and then peed in his diaper instead of using the toilet in the morning. We were using cloth diapers too and they were no deterent.   I learned that the brains/bodies mechanism to detect the need to urinate and wake the body up can take a while to kick in. So your child isn’t doing anything wrong. But there are things you can do to help.   We...
  In general Paleo (and Primal) diets emphasize animal proteins, animal fats, some nuts/seeds, green vegetables, seasonal fruits. But avoids sugar, grains, dairy and certain startchy vegetables like beans and peas (sometimes). The OP is looking for information on eating Paleo while pregnant, as opposed to the typical high protein ( or vegetarian) diet that is more common place.    
I hear ya :-) I have been using a metal bowl, which actually works pretty well because it's washable and non breakable. Like Lovesong mentioned it depends on what you are bringing in. A washable bowl works great for root veggies that need are covered in dirt.   Large shallow baskets ( I just bought one at Goodwill) seem to be all purpose for most veg and herbs. "Flower" baskets that are sorta scooped work great for long items like flowers, herbs, garlic, leeks,...