or Connect

Posts by TwinMom

Definitely crochet!  I know how to knit but it just feels so awkward to me.  I  crochet so much.  Right now I have six projects either on hooks or in my head, it's the best part of my day when I get to sit down with a glass of wine and some yarn.
Well, right now my air conditioner is still set to 74, but it hasn't kicked on in a few days.    When it gets cold I'll switch it to heat and it will be set to 68 during the day, 64 at night.  Really, our heating bill is not much, I think the highest it has ever been has been $80 and we live in a 3000 sq. ft. house.  The air conditioning, however, has been close to $800/month during the summer, and that is with the a/cs set to 74-76.  I guess that's the difference...
I have the same problem.  Even though I double or triple recipes, with our family of six, we rarely have leftovers.  Most nights I remember to pack up dh's lunch for the next day before anyone eats or he'd never have anything to eat.  All of our meals are gluten-free & vegetarian.  I always think it would be cheaper and more filling to cook meat, but after reading the posts on this thread, maybe not?  I guess it would help to have more side dishes, so that the main dish...
Honestly, I feel like four is WAY harder than three.  We do have large age gaps; our kids are 17, 17, 9, and 5.  The 5yo was most definitely not planned, I was struggling with three as it was.  Now, of course, we couldn't see our family any other way, but I would never have chosen to have a fourth child.  You will have large age gaps, too, if you have a fourth--that's something to think about.  At first it was really great, the girls were 11 so were able to help out...
I voted "Other." My two oldest are both 17 years old, so they can stay home, but are rarely actually here. The two youngest are 9 and 5, unable to stay home alone. If I *have* to go somewhere without them, like the doctor or a coffee date with a friend then I make sure to schedule that when there is at least one teenager at home. Otherwise, if it happens that I need to run errands when one of the girls is home, they can stay at home. If nobody is at home, well,...
I never do, even when I follow the instructions if it says "drop by rounded teaspoon/tablespoon," etc.
Oh, wow, do I feel like such a slacker now. I only have four kids and no garden. I do most of the housework, but the house is a mess, it feels like we are only here long enough to mess it up and then head back out. I cook a couple hours a day and drive kids to activities a couple hours a day, and then there's the waiting while they're actually in the activities. I do at least two, usually three, loads of laundry a day, homeschool, and try to at least hit the basics of...
I am watching this show with my teenage daughters and we are HOOKED! I wanted to point out to the PP who asked about the scene at Robyn's bday party where Meri had long hair that often reality shows are completely filmed before they are edited, then the interviews with the principles are done. That way the producers know what questions to ask and which storylines to accent. In the episode where we "met" Robyn (Robin? Can't remember.), the camera passed a calendar set...
Exactly, she will need her own bread machine. And toaster and mixer and pans and wooden spoons and cutting board and colander and sponges. Cross-contamination is a serious issue; gluten gets stuck on so many surfaces. Also, if you do still cook with gluten flour, everything needs to be wiped down every single time, flour floats in the air. If she breathes it in, it won't be good.
That is really weird, I don't think I have EVER seen a shared fence like what you're describing. SOMEONE owns it, it is on someone's property. You might need to hire a surveyor to figure it out.