or Connect

Posts by BellaRose0212

My daughter is one-year-old and has never had any vaccinations. I have gone back and forth since her birth about whether I ever wanted to. I have told my pediatrician always that we were planning to do some at some point. On the one hand I like the idea of keeping her free of those toxins so her immunity won't be at all compromised. But obviously, I want her to be safe. So, how did you decide that you weren't going to vaccinate at all? Did you ever consider getting...
My daughter is one-year-old and has never had any vaccinations. I have gone back and forth since her birth about whether I ever wanted to. I have told my pediatrician always that we were planning to do some at some point. On the one hand I like the idea of keeping her free of those toxins so her immunity won't be at all compromised. But obviously, I want her to be safe. So, how did you decide which vaccinations to get and when to start getting them? What challenges...
This is so not their first offense. New York 2006 California 2008 I have done that last one- unharrassed. Go to the media. It is time for this to stop. Babies R Us and Toys R Us should be the very place that breastfeeding women feel welcome. I think we should start a campaign to boycott them. All nursing mothers- buy your toys and supplies someplace else!
I would love something in the style of Jennifer Loomis, but I really just want someone comfortable with breastfeeding shots. Thanks, ladies!
Wow, beautiful! Thank you for sharing!
I definitely say write the company. Franchizes don't want bad press, they will probably make it right. Go for the press, too, if it comes to that. And we will all do our nurse-in thing if the company doesn't set that girl straight (maybe not fire her but at least tell her she doesn't have that right and put up the international bfing sign in all their windows and if she does it again, suspend or fire her).
This brought up some feelings with me. I was actually more comfortable nursing my dd in public at first, because she was a newborn, and I got lots of acceptance and knowing stares. Now I get lots of "she is still breastfeeding? How old is she?" (actually, I did get that once when she was only four months old)- She is a big nine-month-old and I feel weirder and weirder bfing in public, especially because she likes to let go and make noises or laugh at people. Yeah, I really...
I am so for this! There is a mom to mom bfing support group in my town and a bf help meetup at the birthcenter where I had my daughter. I bet those ladies would be in too! We should make a website and a myspace and a facebook and a twitter. We should come up with a name, date, plan (is it a walk or a rally or what), and get bfing women networking! Yay!
My DD didn't go for baby food or cereal either and I had the same concerns. She was very interested in what we were eating though. Try letting her munch on some solids. Like a big pea pod or a steamed carrot or cherrios or fruit (blackberries dissolve nicely). My DD was thrilled to feed herself. Now she is nine months and loving food, although she never did eat baby food (I still have a bunch of frozen carrot puree that I made) or cereal (still have a full box).
Thanks everyone for the feedback. Yes, there is something about a daddy and his little girl. They just make me go all :