or Connect

Posts by BellaRose0212

Please check out my post about visitation and breastfeeding, I could use advice from lactavists!
Oh yeah, the losing pre-pregnancy weight fast might be a good turn-on if that is the kind of thing she is concerned about. I was pp by 2 months. I am about 5 lbs less now, probably from nursing combined with eating less junk combined with running around after my little crawler combined with having a 23 pound weight strapped on wherever I go.
I am 19 and I breastfeed. I think it is 100% easier. I co-sleep and don't even wake up at all when my DD decides to nurse (but co-sleeping might not be a good idea for her if she is on any drugs, alcohol, or even over-the-counters after baby is born- if this is a possibility the arm's reach might be a good suggestion). You can also point out that there will be no daily washing of bottles and containers, mixing of formula, or toteing along of all the formula supplies....
When I was younger (pubescent) I remember feeling my breasts and asking about their anatomy of my mother and her friend- no milk ducts or feeding the baby talk there. Then there was health class and anatomy- no talk of breastfeeding there either. Strange, huh? Seems like a pretty basic function of the female body. On a humorous note, sometime right after DD was born when my milk was still coming in floods, DH held a cloth up to one of my breasts and then looked at me,...
Great post. Good Pedi. Be sure to send her some info, maybe even a magazine or pamphlet she can have out. But also thank her for respecting your choices!
Why aren't we allowed to name it? Can we ask a moderator or something? I want to know!
So, this is not my issue but it is one I have seen over and over again. I want to do something about it. I need someone to write a bill... a lobbyist right? And a representative to sponsor it and several more to co-sponsor it. Can any Lactavists hold my hand on this one? I was alerted to this by a mom on another site who said (I'm paraphrasing) that the courts required her to send her daughter 3.5 hours away to stay with her father for weekends. Keep in mind, the father...
If it were me in the situation I don't know how I would feel but I have two reactions to your post. A. The 12 year old is old enough that if something went really wrong, like she started a fire or went to leave without the 6 year old, she could intervene. B. "A" does not matter because you are uncomfortable with the situation. Your mothering instincts know best. Tell DH that you just cannot be relaxed and comfortable with her watching the kids anymore, even if it is...
I hope the OP is reading. Listen, a lot of these women are saying leave your husband, but likely that won't be your first step. You have to understand though that this is a very dangerous situation, a slippery slope if it continues. My take is that he just doesn't know what to do when she cries and his false logic is telling him that hitting her will make it stop. Talk when you are calm and point out that the hard facts are it just doesn't work. Tell him if he ever gets...
A friend of mine recently asked for some advice regarding her four-year-old biting her one-year-old. Moms of tots and babes: what do you (or would you) do? I would like to give her some advice for non-punitive responses to her child's behavior. The following quotation is from my friend: "{boy of 4 years} has done things that he never learned from us or other kids (biting, is a good example). When a child misbehaves severely (bites, hits, throws, kicks, screams or other...