or Connect

Posts by BellaRose0212

Oh man, I have been tentatively researching adoption for 2-3 years down the road and I thought I had decided on fost-adopt with a caseworker who agreed to place only TPR children. But now, I am thinking no way I could deal with having zero control that way. I don't know what I should look into now, I don't think we are rich enough for international (although that would be my first choice if I had the bucks because I think those children are sometimes in more desperate...
While I have no experience, I personally believe you should go for it, but with an open mind. If it just doesn't work out once you get there, let it go without fretting. You don't need anymore stress on your fragile union. I like the suggestion to try and let the child watch another mother nurse her baby or toddler. This may help. Good luck! Wow Zombie, you adopted an older child while have a baby? It never occurred that anyone did that. How interesting! About...
I don't know anyone with a preemie but I read the list anyway, in case I know someone in the future. Some of the things on the list astound me, I cannot believe people would act that way. I should have realized though, from some of the insensitive things I heard during my normal healthy pregnancy and newborn stage. People are incredible! Other things on the list surprised me. I don't know if I would say this, but I was surprised that a comment like "So and so was a...
Thanks everyone, you have given me more confidence. Veganfox: No problem. Coincidentally, I am a vegan too. Are you on the vegan forums?
I live in the US and the stats from the 90s were less than 50 morbidity out of 560 cases nationwide. I am not sure of the stats for the state specifically. I know that is ridiculously low but it seems everyone attributes that to vaccinations. I think part of it was just the way I was raised. If ever anyone stepped on a nail it was cause for alarm and Tetanus was always mentioned. Speaking of farmers, I have read that Tetanus actually has more to do with farm animal...
Yes, I am breastfeeding. I cannot make a cute little signature thing yet. I think my account is limited because I just signed up.
Wow. Possibly your allergy is fortuitous for your family. Thanks for the reply. I worry because a lot of the research I have done is conflicting. Love your signature!
Thanks! I think we are going to go but I know I will still be worried. Lots of germ wipes, lol.
Thanks Japonica, I am still worried but you have put me more at ease. I have been doing research since DD was a tiny embryo but I find it to be highly conflicting. For every bit of research that seems to point in one direction there is just as much pointing in the other. Not to mention scary stories on both sides (kids being killed by disease and kids being severely injured by vaccines). I think I am going to go, but I know I will be worried. I will have lots of germ...
We haven't decided which, if any, vaccinations we will give our daughter who is 6-months-old. However, I think about her running around when she is older and I don't want to go to pieces with worry every time she scrapes her knee and gets dirt in it, so I am seriously considering getting a tetanus vaccine for her when she is one or two years old. I brought this up with my pediatrician and he said you cannot separate them, I have to get the DTP or or nothing. He said the...