or Connect

Posts by PeachBaby

DS will have one more year (April to March) to attend this preschool (we are sending him here in place of Japanese kindergarten). In any case, it is too late for us now to apply for the public kindergartens and DH says we can't afford the private ones.   Regular international schools for now and in the future are also out of our budget. The only reason we can send him to this very tiny int'l school is because we are getting a huge discount. So I had enrolled him here...
Thanks for the suggested resources for children, I just looked at a few and already like a couple of them!   I mention DH a lot because I am really hoping that we can all spend family time, the four of us, together in some way that brings us closer to God.  I think it is important for the kids to see their father connecting with God too.    The worship outside idea is a great one.  It is something I am trying to get DH interested in.  There is a mountain nearby that we...
I appreciate your sharing of your experiences and thoughts.   DH doesn't like the situation either but he says it's too expensive to switch preschools at this point and it is better for him to go to a preschool than to not go.   Since any new kids that may enter the preschool are likely to be much younger, and the probability is that there will be only roughly about a half dozen kids total at most, should I decrease the amount of time he spends there?  He originally...
Thanks for replying and for your prayers and advice!   My kids are 2 and 5.   Which option do you think would be best?   1.  A Thursday worship/fellowship service.  This is the one that the kids and I had been attending.  It doesn't take away from family time with Daddy/DH on the weekends.  It is a convenient time and place for us to go (on the way home from preschool).  But recently I have been getting extremely concerned that the kids are not getting any formal...
DH is not about to attend church on a weekly basis because he is wiped out from his job during the week and wants to relax on the weekends.  And his way of relaxing is either sleeping, lying down while playing his video games, going off on his own or with friends to do whatever guy things he does, or we all go out as a family.  His personality is also the type to be bored stiff listening to a sermon and sitting in a pew for 2 hours.  He wouldn't really want to read the...
DS just made 5 and is already the oldest of his classmates who are from 2 to 4 years old (he is 9 months older than the next oldest kid).  In a few months, all the current 3 and 4 year olds will be leaving.  Only the 2-almost 3- year old will be staying.  It is a very small private school (last year had only 7 in the class, this year there are only 5 of them).   The other children are leaving to go to regular Japanese kindergarten.  The only reason the 2 year old is...
Thanks for your input!    .....   If carpet is not desirable (because of allergies), what other options are there to minimize the noise of children's running (2 and 4)?  They are not out of control, running wildly all over the place.  Most of the time it is just running to another part of the room.  As an example, I'll be at one end of the room and they are at the other (the room is 10 paces across) and they want to come to me.  Sometimes they run to go into the other room...
Have you ever been regularly annoyed by the noise your neighbor's children make?   On the flip side, have you ever felt unfairly accused by your neighbor that your children are making too much noise ?   Any comments or insight (so as to see the perspective of both sides)?   Plus one more question:  Can noise in an apartment be heard from both upstairs and downstairs?  Or does noise usually travel only downwards to the floor below?  (Talking about concrete apartment...
How do you cook fresh meats (beef, pork, chicken, lamb) so that your little one will eat it?  If I don't get ideas that appeal to my child, I will end up always giving in and serving processed foods (like sausage and ham) and eggs, (which I don't want to do).
I've heard the advice about not forcing/insisting a child eat certain foods.  I do believe that it is true, the child may grow up hating it or never eating it again when they are older.   And yet, I've been thinking now that DS (turning 5 years old) and I recently have been making a really good connection with each other in terms of cooperation/relationship (thanks to the advice I learned on this forum about ahaparenting.com), I wonder if, when DS doesn't eat his...