or Connect

Posts by Pearmama

My daughter is now 6 weeks old. She weighs 9 lbs. 11oz. This is great! My last three babies struggled with putting on weight for almost five months!! I have given up on the SNS. I found that her latch was getting sloppy because I was so focused on trying to get that stupid tube in her mouth right. I found my nipples getting sore. So, I stopped. She drinks from an Avent bottle. I have accepted the amount of milk that I can produce is not enough. When she nurses and I...
At this point, I wonder about introducing solids early as being the lesser of two evils...the other evil being formula. I've mentioned offering goat's milk before and I've also learned that almond milk is good (I would think homemade is best), as well as rice milk. I've even heard of giving infants fresh carrot juice and the milk of a young coconut. I don't want to believe that formula is our only option. As for solid food that I think would be very beneficial, how does...
I have a group of friends who all have little ones. I'm talking about ladies who tandem nurse two, sometimes three of their children. So they have plenty of milk to go around! I used to find myself feeding my sons their bottle BEFORE I went to hang out with them because I felt stupid bringing out a little can of formula. They also couldn't understand why it was necessary that I do both. And my boys were really scrawny compared to their huge, fat babies. Its the same in the...
I know how frustrating the SNS can be! I usually begin before the baby is really hungry and fussy and therefore, less likely to cooperate. The football hold is great so you can control their arms and take care with your latch. I've found that I get sore nipples when I use the SNS because I am so busy trying to position that darn tube. I also don't use it during the night because its just too hard! Try to settle yourself down before you start, buy a better tape and pray...
Thanks for the encouragement, Corey. I have to admit, I really dread using the SNS. It's such a hassle to get the tube on correctly (so the baby won't gag), then you have to make sure they still latch on properly...then you have to take care that your newborn's flailing arms won't pull on the tube...and finally, you can be sitting there all *hooked up* and come to realize that the tube isn't positioned right and the milk hasn't even flowed out (this is one reason why I...
Hi, everyone. I am new here. I was just looking for info on hypoplastic breasts since I've had the sneaking suspicion that this might be my problem. My fifth child (a girl) was just born six days ago and I was really hoping that I wouldn't encounter all the problems that I had breastfeeding in the past. I've been waiting for my breasts to even out ever since puberty. I've always considered them strange looking...widely-spaced apart, kinda long, without the fullness under...