or Connect

Posts by Morgraine

NewMommy, Of course you love your child - that is not in question. I like to come to this site because it is like getting together with supportive girlfriends that parent the way that I do. You will see that there is lots of discussion and debate and usually lots of respect. I find that in general society is less supportive of some of my parenting choices and so it is nice to have an on - line "tribe". I feel at home here. When my MIL says, when are you going to wean,...
I think that calling you kids beautiful, sweet, wonderful, amazing, and everything else is natural because you are in love. And when we are in love. . . who knows why we do what we do. . .!!!! If I rode a horse while standing and then you looked at me and said "Good Job!" I would not be offended. But come on "Good Job" is kind of a no brainer. I just rode a horse while standing!!! Could you not think of something more inspired? ie, My heart was pounding as you pulled...
Good Article - The point I took away was that there are effective ways to communicate with children besides the often pat - Good Job. I like the idea of being honest and providing feed back that really matters. If my dh said good job cleaning the house honey, I would feel patronized. If he said I see that you scrubbed the floors, tub and sinks, did our laundry and put it all away. . . Thank-you. How are you feeling tonight? I feel that he is really paying attention to...
Wow, that is a big one b/c you and your dh disagree on this issue. Three is old enough if all the pieces are in place but it sounds as if your ducks are not all lined up. This could be a really great experience but it could be bad for everyone!!! Can they make do with a short visit from dh and ds? I know feelings will be hurt and that is difficult but take a deep breath. Let the waves discontent from others erode bits and pieces of you. But look what remains, that strong...
Hey B.C. take a deep breath, I am sending you some HUGS and calm.
I bowed to pressure to "just let him CIO" at 6 months. He cried in his room in his crib by himself for over two hours. What was I thinking, That KID IS GOING TO SLEEP IN HIS CRIB . . . What was I feeling? Anger, frustration, sadness, desparation, and totally disconnected from THAT KID. When I finally went in his little body was rigid, he was covered in barf, he had picia around his eyes from crying, I think he was in shock. Of course when I saw him, I felt sick. What the...
It may not be as simple as "putting up the crib" little girl has got to sleep in it!!! That is a forum onto itself. We co-sleep in a Queen. For naps we have ds on a floor futon. This is nice because we have it set up like a floor couch but we can lay it flat it req. This is a great place to sit and read and do story time b4 bed. His room is babyproofed and we gate his door. He sleeps there for his naps and lately longer and longer by himself at night. As soon as...
My fingers are crossed for you. Try to recreate that same environment for tomorrow night. When I decided my family needed some changed sleep habits I was consistent and gentle, but determined! New habits can form very quickly!!
I was birthing at home in my shower. Chanting a birth song. I had to push, everything was so powerful and amazing. I was so happy. Then my midwife arrived. In Ontario, breech babies "must" be c/b. So it was 911 and a very hurtful C/B. I feel that I had post traumatic stress disorder. Showering caused me cry slowly, deeply profondly from the bottom of my heart. In the shower I would relive the labour (good) and the birth (sureal). So many tears washed down the drain. I...
What is all of this? I've been diapering my ds in folded cotton and plastic wraps. Lots of leaks. You can imagine. I guess I'm behind the times (no pun intended) LOL. I feel giddy!!! I guess I better dig into the Archives. Thanks.