or Connect

Posts by Morgraine

of course. it might just mean keeping your child very clean and catching a poop now and then.
I ec'd from birth and I know my little one never ever liked to poop in his pants. Maybe 17 times in his life and he is 15 months now. They will hold it. You are building in him a trust and belief that you will meet his elimination needs. I think that you should go ahead and meet them to the best of your ability. Good luck and have fun
At some point you might just think to yourself, "what am I doing? this is crazy, impossible, too late . . ." Just laugh and keep going. It is fun and that is why I do ec with my kiddies. Good luck and keep going. Remember use your nose and focus on his communications which may or may not be very obvious at this point but you and he will eventually tune it.
I would have to say a little pair of swim trunks with a mesh liner (the kind that comes on the inside of all mens trunks) IF you are pretty sure that you are not going to have a poop. I mean you are going to notice if they start to poop. The mesh will hold everything in for a few moments. I used to be a pool operator and I can tell you that all people have dirty butts. How clean is yours right now and you might go jump in a pool with it. LOL As long as you contain the...
I see both sides but I have to agree with Boof. I live in an affluent area where moms are given 1 year paid maternity leave to stay home and take care of the babies that they were so desparate to have. Of 20 babies (all born by c/s) on 2 nursed for a short time and one until 6 months. I am nursing little people and it freaks them out. I never judge them I just listen. They all have good "reasons". But if I had a good girlfriend who I could chat nursing with I would have a...
I never pumped a day in my life. I went back to work when my kids were 11 months and most recently when DS#2 turned 1 y.o. I think supply is VERY individual. When I get home and see my little ones I am FULL and they see me and run to me wanting to nurse. I am a RN and don't have the time or the energy to pump at work. This works well for us. I think it depends of the kid of nurser you have on your hands as well. I mean my kid want to nurse as soon as they see me and all...
I am travelling for three weeks in Thailand to places such as Chao Phraya River, Chiang Mai, the Golden Triangle where Thailand, Burma and Laos meet. I will be doing a homestay in a northern hilltribe villiage. My 18 month nursling will not accompany me. I am planning to pump and dump as required and hopefully continue nursing my little one when I get home. I am considering an antimalerial and want to know which ones would be recommended for this area and what affect they...
When do kids listen? I feel like my son 3.5 just ignores me. I am careful to listen to him and respect what he is saying. I often repeat what he says so that he is sure that I am listening. I really let him go about his day as he wishes. Our house is a childrens home and I like to see him doing his own independant thing, whether it is planting seeds, making juice, doing puzzels . . . DH and I recently got rid of our T.v. in an attempt to make our home even more calm and...
I like to smile and nod a lot! If your parents seem angry about your parenting choices they may really be: Hurt, frustrated or scared. Hurt that you aren't following the way they did things (weren't they good enough?) Frustated that you don't agree with their tried and true methods, frustrated that you are going against the status quo and possibly their dreams and hopes for you and THEIR grandchildren (whom they love like their own) or scared that you are going into a...
Hey mamas I need some good quotes to make inspiring pre birth cards for a girlfriend that is having a home birth! Thanks in advance