or Connect

Posts by Morgraine

((((((HUGS)))))))) Oh man, It is so hard! Especially when they are snotty and popping on and off the breast so they can breath! I always suck (with my mouth) the snot out. Good luck and don't forget to spit . . . LOL
Quote: Originally Posted by kewb I used to think my delayed/selectively/non-vaxing neighbor was a nut case. Now I am embarrassed since I have completely turned around in my thinking. However, I had to make this journey on my own. Any conversation we had back then I did not take seriously as I thought she was a fruit loop. : It took me a long time to realize that the best way to change the world we live in is to live by example. Give...
Selfishness and wanting another child when we are not "perfect mamas" Before we had kids I don't think I really understood selflessness, (not the way a mother understands it) in anycase, why do we ever want to have children before we ever start? Biology, God, a little selfish desire? Whatever it is . . . we want them and that's that. I, God willing, would love more children . . . But I am willing to wait for more kids. I feel like these boys are teaching me and shaping me...
I have also thought of this issue. Especially with #2. With the first baby you have less to loss from being unjustly prosecuted. However, if you have a young child at home the thought of "trouble with the law" seems a lot more frightening. My own thought on the matter is our only destiny is to concieved and born. How can I do anything but play my role to the best of my abilities. I listen to the universe and birth the way that I know to be the safest for me and my...
I am a hypnotherapist and a HBer. I had a MW on hand but did have an unassisted birth in my bedroom. It was lovely. I won't mince words as kids need me: these are just some of my thoughts . . . In my opinion hypnosis for pain relief can be very effective but other work may be required first. Why are you so afraid? These issues should be addressed. I presonally never used hypnosis for pain control. I used it for pain perception. ie how I precieved the pain. I wanted the...
Little Yellow, I know what you mean . . . the first time I ever heard the words "shut up" come out of my mouth . . . Well anyways, I am trying to put these things behind me. I have been working very hard to keep a perspecitive that allows me to remember what is most important. My children. I also sometimes "hate" to be touched. I think that it is over stimulation. Children need sooo much touching (so do adults, but we learn to live without it!) and if you are the main...
Zip lock round container for a travel potty! I use the 7 cupper. Also try putting an elastic band around it to identify it and to stop it from slipping when between your knees. if you are prone to tipping your potty or have dogs or older kids that do this for you try putting a wash clothe or prefold in it for the afternoon. It will soak up lots of little pees over the day! Make your own potty pants out of cotton sweat pants. I cut them up the crotch and thru the waist ....
I'll add that in my experience fleece liners are important! They are relatively inexpensive so I think they are worth having. We don't do a lot of diapering but occasionally we might diaper for a longer period of time and want DS to be comfy. Ie overnight or during a car ride or during snowsuit season! I have a two year old and sometimes I am just played right out. LOL
Wow what a situation! I am a Canadian and so can not speak to the legal aspects, I would like to comment on the birthing part. I never planned UC but my babes come so fast that I am in transition before they arrive. I don't like anyone touching me during labour (esp my bottom). I think a birth house is needed. Do you have a friend that could accomodate you? I would love to have a friend bless my house with another birth! If not, Do you have your own space in the house?...
Well I almost had 3 hours sleep last night! I want to use FAM for BC. I have been sticky and have had no period. My DS is 9 months. Do I need to take my temperature? Or can I rely on cervical fluid and position? I never sleep the 3 hours required for basal temp? Any suggestions. Also One evening while checking my cervix I found a bit of creamy fluid . . . Does that mean I could be fertile? Thanks