or Connect

Posts by beckington

What kind of difference? What are the issues it was causing?
Oh wow that's good to know, thanks! That's a good point about solids. DS1 didn't get into solids much into he was about 9 months old - that's still a long ways to wait. I just don't want to put the little guy through anything unnecessary, you know? Was it a posterior tongue tie?
(I'm cross posting this in Breastfeeding and Health and Healing because I would like to look at benefits beyond just breastfeeding - hope that's OK.)   My 5mo son might have a posterior tongue tie. I say might because we've had one 'yes' and one 'no' with the diagnosis. We are seeing an ENT on Tuesday for another opinion. His weight gain has been very slow and we've looked at all sorts of possibilities to improve this but no luck. His latch is shallow and he also has...
(I'm cross posting this in Health and Healing because I would like to look at benefits beyond just breastfeeding - hope that's OK.)   My 5mo son might have a posterior tongue tie. I say might because we've had one 'yes' and one 'no' with the diagnosis. We are seeing an ENT on Tuesday for another opinion. His weight gain has been very slow and we've looked at all sorts of possibilities to improve this but no luck. His latch is shallow and he also has an upper lip tie...
OK so had an appointment with our pedi yesterday who said his lip tie is normal (I think he meant common, as in he sees it a lot, because he wasn't disputing the fact that he had a lip tie) but also thinks he has a mild tongue tie! He personally doesn't think it would be affecting breastfeeding but I pushed him for a referral to an ENT so we will see what they think. I don't know if at 5 months it's worth doing anything about it?   This is frustrating because I...
Yeah, general is a line we won't cross. I'm just not sure how they do it here locally. That's one thing to find out with a referral, I guess!
Thanks for all the replies! There's just so much conflicting info out there it's so hard to sort through it all. Basically, snipping it might help, or it might not. Bah!   PatioGardener - how old was your ds when it was cut? Was it done with a local or under general? Did he have a tongue tie as well?   homemademom - thanks for the link! I've been looking there and trying to test ds with their ideas but whenever I put my finger near his mouth he just wants to suck...
Will try to make this brief...   DS is just over 5 months and weighs 11lbs. He's been gaining about 1-3 ounces a week on average. We've been trying trying trying to get his weigh up, but no luck. I'm on domperidone, blessed thistle, fenugreek - my supply seems fine now. I found out about a month ago I have celiac so we thought that might be contributing to low weight gain but a month of gluten free has seen no change. Now we've discovered ds has an upper lip tie....
I've recently been diagnosed with celiac disease and have had "IBS" for 10+ years. I am now, of course, gluten-free. DS2 is 5 months, ebf, and having mucousy poops, no seeds - I tried eliminating a bunch of foods but no change. He is also gaining weight very slowly. I don't know if my gut health is related to this at all, but just in case and for my own sake as well, I'd like to look into being more aggressive with healing than just being gluten-free. I just don't know...
Do you have a link to that study, or a link to where you heard of it? I'd be curious to read more. We are dealing with our own poop issues! :) Also how is your dd's poop now, after a few more days on the enzymes?