or Connect

Posts by beckington

So far sharing hasn't been a huge issue for us (so far, touch wood - and we've lots of other issues to keep us busy!) but what I've seen other parents do with kids that are having trouble sharing is talk about it in terms of 'taking turns' instead. I've also done this with ds from time to time. I've never made a big deal of sharing - I know some mums that were telling their 1yo's that they have to share! We don't force it at all. If ds doesn't want to 'share' his toy...
Quote: Originally Posted by Nora'sMama Beckington - yeah, we have a pretty small car too, and diaper changes are sometimes rather - um - exciting (always that chance that baby, poopy diaper and soiled clothes will fall off the seat!) but we have done it many a time. Lots of fun! Try doing it with a 95cm tall 2.5 year old! We only got a car a few months ago so it's not been a big issue for us, but we've certainly had nappy changes in some fun...
Quote: Originally Posted by loraxc (This is another way in which I am not CL--DD would probably stay up quite late without us gently enforcing the bedtime routine, but I am not prepared to deal with that. She is quite seriously a danger to herself when overtired.) I'm with you on that one - my ds is like a totally different person when overtired, one who is certainly not agreeable to any mutually agreeable solutions! So we really try to make...
Quote: Originally Posted by Mizelenius The little boy nodded yes, and they played without issue until he left! He looked so happy to be included, and DD was happy there was a resolution (esp. since she normally refuses to play with boys). Wow! Can I be you when I grow up?
Thanks Kim! I guess I just have to keep at it! I hope he clues in soon - I hate seeing him being a bit of a social misfit Cheers!
Give me strength! My 2.5yo is a very fun kid and very energetic, but what do I do when he thinks a fun game is, for example, making a stuffed animal ('Tin') bounce (quite roughly) on another toddler's head or pull the towel the other toddler has put over her face off her face to say 'boo!'with a big grin, when these kids don't want him to do these things? He doesn't seem to get, or care, that when his little mate is saying 'no' or 'stop' or swatting at him or making an...
Ds is 2.5 and neither myself or dh have spent a night away from him. There's never been any reason to and I don't see any reason coming up anytime soon. My mom has expressed a desire for him to stay overnight with her but once she realised we still cosleep and nurse and have no plans to stop she's not pressed the sleepover idea much!
Hi Tara - yup, I definitely feel bored at times. I also just have one kid - ds 2.5 - and my hubby doesn't work long hours etc so I also feel selfish for complaining - I know a lot of moms would love to be able to stay at home and can't. One thing I'm really trying to do is make sure I get as much 'me' time as possible, though you sound like you are already doing that. Maybe the stuff you are doing in your own time doesn't interest you enough? I also really really miss my...
I'm npt sure I can help with suggestions for sleeping because we are having problems ourselves, but I just wanted to say two things. One is that I know I was the one that mentioned the sleep thing, but maybe it does just suit him to go to bed when he does - I wasn't sure if you said you think that he is overtired?? Ds will wake up 6-6.30 most mornings regardless of what time he goes to bed - so if he went to bed when I did, he'd be massively tired. That's why we struggle...
Well the night was a success! During the day ds and I talked about what stuff he was going to do with dh when I was out and he was excited about it. When I left he pretty much pushed me out the door! He got quite tired though so dh decided to see if he'd go to sleep instead of letting him stay up and though he did cry for about a minute for me dh was able to comfort and distract him quite easily. They had their special story time, which is what they normally do when dh...