or Connect

Posts by beckington

Sorry no advice - I've got a very shy ds so I'm looking to see what other people suggest! Up until he was about 21 months old he wouldn't really take toys from other kids and wouldn't 'fight back' when other kids took things from him - though at that stage I wouldn't say he was particularly shy around kids, though sometimes he was around adults and needed extra momma comfort. Luckily we were able to avoid most of the particularly 'bad' or potentially stressful situations,...
I'm pretty lucky that my dh is reasonably self-cleaning and picks up after himself. In a nutshell, I do all the tidying, cleaning, cooking, dishes, cat care and grocery shopping. DH makes the bed everyday (something I'd never do!) and puts away most of the laundry (again, something I'm not very good at - I'll just pick stuff out of the basket as I need it!!). He pays most of the bills, though I'm slowing taking over that as I try to figure out where our money is going! He...
Aww, gee thanks everyone! I was feeling that since the whole episode was soooooooooooooo long that I must have made it worse somehow, but I guess sometimes that's just how it goes. And I was worried that I'd not tried hard enough to avoid the tantrum in the first place (meaning finding a way that he could play where and when he wanted to, instead of using force to get him home) - though I'm not sure what else I could have done with the situation going downhill as it was....
Hi everyone (sorry, this turned out long!!) My ds is 26 months old and we've had a few tantrums here and there, but nothing much. The most came about when he was 13-14 months old - I sat with him, offered support I guess you could say, cuddles when he wanted them, etc and then they passed. Until now! The past few days he's been 'hard work' - I'm not sure what's up with him, but EVERYTHING is wrong. Poor lad. Today we had a massive tantrum. We were out for a walk, went to...
Thanks for the ideas! I used to volunteer at a nursing home and really enjoyed it, so maybe that's something I could think of doing again. I'm also afraid of somehow 'getting in over my head', but I also overthink things way too much sometimes and then end of doing nothing! So I think this week I'll contact a few organisations for more information and see what happens. More ideas welcome!
Hi everyone I became an official SAHM a couple of months ago (my son is 26 months old and I worked part-time with office at home, mostly evenings and weekends, until I decided that was insane and not worth the stress) and would like to do some volunteer work. I first started thinking of doing something career related, to keep my resume active, but I'm more open now to the idea of doing something completely different. I'm looking for ideas. So, if you volunteer, what do...
Wow, that's insane - I can't believe they said that to you! Good for you for leaving! My son is very physical and I've been thinking of taking him to a gym class but have been worried about it being too structured and the expectation of following directions etc, cuz, well, he's ONLY 2! Still considering it, but I think I'll ask a lot of questions before I sign up.
Thanks! You're right - play is learning. And fun! I just struggle with how to respond to it sometimes. I could be overthinking this, of course - I do that sometimes I just don't want to respond in the 'wrong' way and have it escalate - he already has drama queen tendencies (gets those from me, probably!) and I mean that in the nicest way
Well tis the beginning of day 3 for me - just weighed myself (bad me) and I've lost 6lbs! Gotta love the beginning of diets and all that water loss eh? Still, woo hoo!!! I'm finding the diet OK so far - I really miss starch though. I'd kill for some pasta or potato with my meals. I know I can have a small amount of potato but I really like having a ww pita with my lunch so I feel like I'm having something substantial (otherwise it'd just be mostly salad) so I'm using...
OK, so ds (25 months) has started a new thing - out of the blue, he'll pretend to be upset in a variety of ways - by rubbing his eyes like he's crying (he isn't!), or run to me for a leg hug making unhappy noises, or just general 'unh unh' little noises, with the whole facial expression thing happening. He'll play shy as well, though he's been doing that off and on for ages now - sometimes he really is shy, other times it's obvious that he's just playing and likes the...