or Connect

Posts by beckington

The smoothie idea sounds great, thanks - I'll have to go find a blender! Well I've survived my first day and it wasn't too bad - but man, that's a lot of salad!
OK, first morning of this and not happy! I woke up starving at 5am - never a good sign So I've had some fruit but it's just made my stomach hurt - I always find fruit hard to eat on an empty stomach, especially a starving one! Fruit for breakfast is not going to be good for me. Sigh. OK, need to go do something to get my mind off of this! C'mon all newbies and 'oldies' - let's keep each other motivated!
Hi everyone! Just bought the book and at first glance it looks like it should be great! Trying not to think about the whole no cheese thing, but in a way think it could be a good thing - I'm a vegetarian who knows that ethically I should be vegan, but just haven't done it yet, so maybe this will be the kick in the butt I need! I have about 50lbs to lose Am going grocery shopping tonight to get stocked up on lots of veggie and fruit but am a bit confused about a...
Just wanted to chime in with another late talker story. My ds didn't have any words until he was 19 months old - his first 'word' was 'all gone'. For the next month or two he added a few words here and there - daddy, a few animal sounds, but nothing major. He is now 25 months old and we figure he has about 100-125 words which is average or low depending on what expert you listen to! But he's combining words really well now - 2,3, 4 word 'sentences' and every day is saying...
Oh go go go!! OK, I'm a bit biased here because I used to live in London until about a month ago, but really, it can be a very child-friendly city. A lot of it depends on your son's personality and what he likes/dislikes and your own expectations. We have travelled a fair amount with our boy and at times it has been difficult, without a doubt, but always worth it. We usually will arrangeour days so we spend some time doing things specifically for him and then take turns...
Quote: Originally Posted by xian yes, we met. i'm callum's mum. the one with the 'transatlantic' accent. we chatted very briefly as you were getting ready to go. Aaaaaaaah! Got ya. Hi! On another note, anyone know where to get Ecover powder around here? I've seen the liquid at the health food shop on Quinpool but I'd prefer the powder. I've always used Ecover for Alex's nappies and since he seems to be scratching a lot at his bum...
This daycare topic is quite interesting - I'm afraid I don't know much about the issues, still trying to get up to speed on everything since moving back to Canada a month ago. Xian, Xian, Xian... hmmmm... now did I meet you on Monday? Sorry - usernames, real names, children's names - it's all too much! Anyhow, I lived in London - Harrow for a bit and then Walthamstow, if you're familiar with the city. Hated London at first but grew to love it (and still hate it on...
Oh, and thanks for the welcomes Lesley and Tamara!! Charmaine!!
No prob, I'll risk it! Probably won't stay much more than an hour anyhow because Alex will be getting ready for a nap and it's not a good idea to push it! Will normally be walking or busing - but hubbie has a job interview and isn't feeling well so I thought I'd be nice and drive him (he doesn't drive) so he can conserve his strength for the interview - both of us are unemployed, it isn't good (though great fun! )! See you there! Charmaine
That's great Alison, thanks! Does the church have parking? I'm not sure if I'll be walking or driving - depends on if i have to drop hubbie off at a job interview beforehand. Cheers Charmaine