or Connect

Posts by Bri'sgirl

Thanks, ancoda!  I've looked at that area a little online and it seems pretty nice.  Is it easy to get downtown Austin from there?  I've also been looking at houses in Cedar Park, Circle C and South Austin.  The area seems like there are so many houses in such a small amount of land!  It would/will be a big change from where we're at now!  But, after living in CO for so long, a change is much needed!
Thanks, HHM!     I'd also like to add that I graduated a couple of years ago with a degree in Elementary Education, and it would be nice to get a teaching job in the same school that my kids go to, if possible...if not, that's ok.  :)
I've been to a few OB/GYN's in FC and I really like Dr. Hayes at a Woman's Place.  She did my VBA2C last year.  She was the only one who would even consider it.
My husband has been in the same band for 19 years.  They have basically outgrown the area we live in and are considering moving to the Austin area.  We need to find a neighborhood to move to that would be a good fit.  Since a couple of our families have young children (1-10 years old), we are also needing a nice place for kids, including good schools (preferably with arts/music), parks, bike friendly, natural food stores, etc.  We are moving from Northern Colorado and I...
My 3 month old has a horrible cough that started off dry-sounding, but is starting to sound a little wetter.  I'm starting to take Hyland's Bioplasma cell salts for a bit of a cold I have and I was wondering if they are ok to give to such a young baby.  It does have dosage for as young as one year old, but not for younger.  I know that homeopathics are ok for babies, is this the same thing?  Could I dissolve one of the tabs in a little breast milk and feed him through a...
My 5 year old has had asthma since he was 18 months old.  It sounds like the same kind, more of a viral-induced asthma, rather than activity-induced.  For my DS, if he is having a mild episode, sometimes warm water and honey will calm it.  If it is worse (like it is right now), we have taken a more aggressive approach.  We do give him prednisone and flovent, as well as his albuterol inhaler and/or nebulizer.  Ever since he started drinking milk (grass-fed cows) from a...
tracymom, thanks for the healing wishes!   I had my follow up appt with my dr.  Luckily, I am a very healthy person other than having a strain of parvovirus...fifths disease.  I wouldn't wish this on anyone,  Dr said symptoms should last 1-2 weeks and tomorrow is the end of week one,  I hope my kids don't get it.
Thanks for responding, Mosaic.  I ended up in the ER this morning, because my wrists hurt so bad, I couldn't move them.  The doctor said it is probably viral and could be an auto-immune response.  I asked him to test for Fifth's.  They ended up taking 9 viles of blood, so hopefully that is enough for them to figure it out.  I'm hoping it clears up quickly or they find what's causing it soon.  I've never felt like this before.
I am currently 11 weeks postpartum and have had a cold for the last week plus a day. On Friday I had a rash appear over my entire body, except my neck/face, hands and feet. I had some sushi for lunch, but it was nothing new. I noticed the rash around 3 pm and then a couple hours later my legs started to ache. They ached so bad all night long, I could hardly sleep. I went to the dr the next day and she recommended Zyrtec, in case it was an allergic reaction. The Zyrtec...
Can I join in?  I was in the DDC, but only was able to get online once in awhile and didn't post much.   Feel good:  DS slept for 6 straight hours before waking up to nurse last night!  This was a first for him.  :)  Yay!   Complaint:  DS won't sleep more than 10-15 minutes without me holding him.  There have been a few times that he has slept longer in his car carrier, if he falls asleep in the car and then I bring him inside, but even those times are becoming...