or Connect

Posts by beautifulboy

Hi there, I might be posting a little late but just wanted to add my 2 cents...   As a former teacher (middle school, not preschool) at an independent school I received two kinds of gifts over the holidays - 1. a cash gift organized and collected by one designated class parent from all (or most) of the families.  And 2. Small gifts from individual families.  The cash was of course really nice, it was always over $200.  But the smaller gifts were usually lovely as...
Thanks for the replies so far!   I am highly, it seems, allergic to mold and mildew, so the thought of a moldy humidifier pumping out moldy air, or a humdiifier being so moist that it causes mildew are horrific thoughts to me.  Also with a newborn i don't want any contaminted air if i can help it, we aleady have an old house and a smoky fireplace....(are these the risks with all of the humdifiers?)   So I guess I'm saying that the expense is fine with me, and...
  Hi- can you tell me about that?  What do they look like?  Who makes them?  Maybe I could make on or buy one from her online....        
  Hi- can you tell me about that?  What do they look like?  Who makes them?  Maybe I could make on or buy one from her online....        
Hello there fellow mothering peeps, I have a dilemna, possible crisis, on my hands and I'm hoping that someone can give me some sound advice.   I have a 3yr old boy and one baby on the way, in the next two weeks.  My DP is away on a business trip this week.  He just emailed me and mentioned that his boss (and best friend's) son, who is two, has pertussis again.  He has been working with his boss, the kid's dad, closely this week ( like in the same office, at the same...
Baby will be born  in 2 weeks and it is much too dry in our little house because of the heaters.  I'd like to buy a humidifier for our bedroom but have read that some do more harm than good.  If anyone has experience with a great jumidifier please do let me know.  I'm a little overwhelmed with the options.  Also one with an air filter option might be a good idea. Many thanks!  
Thanks for the detergent chart!   I've decided to search out a used organic changing pad and pass on the standard one we have.   ( or maybe if i don't find one just use a folded up towel like we did with the last babe). Just checking with the sane mothering parents out there....Am I over-reacting here?  
Thanks for this thread!  I think a lot about this a lot too, although I hadn't considered that boys are more sensitive to toxins (which yes, of course they are!).  I agree that the organic cotton issue can be sidestepped by just washing the non-orgnaic clothes a few times.  I'm buying some organic cotton clothing for this baby but it is really a luxury item for us.  Winter clothing has been on my mind lately because you don't really wash them all that much, I guess I...
Alright women, it's getting to be birth time now (well almost, it's week 35 for me...) . With my first child I recall using witch hazel in my sitz bath/ peri bottle post-partum. Are there any other more pleasant, less-smelly ideas out there? I would love to know of any potions - that are on the market or recipes I can make up myself- that are tried and true. Many thanks!
Thanks for the responses and the information! Just wanted to report that we visited the pediatrician yesterday for my son's 3 yr checkup, she said that there have been studies that question echinacea's efficacy. She suggested probiotics as the best preventative and then zinc when a cold is coming on, this would be on top of a regular kids multivitamin.