or Connect

Posts by beautifulboy

Thanks for the scoop on black elderberry. Can I ask you, do you give this to you kids pretty much evey day?
My 3 yr old already has a cold this season. I'm looking into taking preventative measures, aside from diet, I think our diet is pretty good. I don't think I would have any luck giving him echinacea tincture, even in orange juice. Would you give your toddler echinacea supplements? Also, are you supposed to take echinacea every day or just when symptoms come on? I'm considering yummy bears. http://heronutritionals.com/vitamins.jsp?productid=7 I'm fairly new with...
I'm trying to figure out what to wear during the hospital part of labor. This is my second baby. For the first I labored at home and wore whatever I wanted (yoga pants) but then when I got to hospital the nurses urged me to change into a gown, so I did. They didn't want me to have pants on becuase they could not check me, etc. (It was more difficult for them.) The embarrassing part for me was that I had back labor so I was on my knees the whole time with no coverage...
This will be our 2nd baby and so we already have a stroller but I thought we would chime in. I really hate to see tiny babies in strollers, they look so lonely and vulnerable! I also hate to see a baby being carried around in a bucket car seat. So I was against buying s stroller in the beginning. That said, we have a Macalren Volo. We got it as a gift at our shower too. We didn't use it until about 6 or 8 mos because it doesn't recline and that was fine fine with me....
Thank you for all of the replies!  I submitted a brief letter that stated that we do not vaccinate, that our decision is based on our religious beliefs in a package along with all the other paperwork required.  No questions were asked.  Very nice!  Now my little son is adjusting to preschool.... Thanks again for the info!  
It looks like we will be moving to MN in the spring and so we're looking at a few areas to settle down. While we are considering the Twin Cities we would really like to live more in the country. We're looking at real estate in Stillwater and Marine-on-St. Croix. Does anyone have any first hand experience living in these towns? Would you prefer on over the other? There's a Waldorf School in Stillwater, any experiences there? Any insight would be greatly appreciated!
Yes my last blood draw was 46 and yes I was very hungry! I have to say that if you're going to be taking the 3 HR test go as early as possible. I got there at 8:00 am which meant that 3.5 hrs later, by the time they took my first blood draw and then gave me the drink, was 11:30 am. If in had been there an hour later I would have been missing two meals as well as my morning snack, and would have really been suffering. Also, make sure you bring food to eat in the car, in...
Just wanted to post to say thank you for maintaining this great thread!  My 1 hr GD test was elevated and so of course I was sent to do the 3 hr test, which I ended up taking almost to weeks later because of traveling.  In that time I took the possibility of a GD diagnoses very seriously.  I am 38 and started this pregnancy about 20 lbs overweight at 158 for 5'6.  I began to look into what the GD diet was and to adjust my eating that way, although probably not so strict....
Just wanted to post to say thank you for maintaining this great thread!  My 1 hr GD test was elevated and so of course I was sent to do the 3 hr test, which I ended up taking almost to weeks later because of traveling.  In that time I took the possibility of a GD diagnoses very seriously.  I am 38 and started this pregnancy about 20 lbs overweight at 158 for 5'6.  I began to look into what the GD diet was and to adjust my eating that way, although probably not so strict....
Hi Everyone Thank you for all of the replies.  Sorry that it's taken me so long to follow up but I wanted to wait until after I took the 3 hr GD test (yes-I decided to take it) and then write up my results in case anyone is reading this in my boat. Everyone is completely correct in advising that if your numbers are elevated in the 1 hr test that yes, you should do the 3 hr test no matter how yucky the drink is or how it cuts into your week because... I passed the 3 hr...