or Connect

Posts by beautifulboy

My baby is 6.5 months old and has his first teeth coming. There are little teeth poking through his gums on the bottom in front. I was so excited for him! But now when he nurses he hurts me, like the little teeth nubs are rubbing against my nipples and I'm sore! I knew he didn't didn't have an excellent latch all along, but now I'm worried that I let his poor latch go unchecked and I'll be paying for it. I am intending to nurse him past 1 year. What do I do??? Any...
Sophie the Giraffe was highly recommended to us, but just went with this haba toy and the boy loves it. (we just never got around to buying Sophie) http://www.theorganiccompany.com/sto...pg&lr=t&bh=190 I am skeeved out by all the bad stuff the baby puts in his mouth that's not supposed to go there, he grabs for anything and then in it goes. So I'm trying to counteract the bad with a no-plastic rule in our house. So even if it is BPA free we try to stay away. Our...
Quote: Originally Posted by TanyaLopez Iron is not one of the minerals that transfers directly into milk proportional to how much mom consumes each day. that's great news : Does anyone have any expereince with an anemic baby? Just checking what those signs would be.
I was just reading about how babies have stores of iron that run out at 4-6 months of age. The article suggested that you give the baby an iron supplement if they are BF (formula is usually enriched with iron). Does anyone know if enough iron passes from mom to baby through nursing to nourish a baby? Are there any moms out there who take iron becuase of this? I'm not anemic so I wouldn't take it otherwise.
I have a 6.5 mo old and we co-sleep. He wakes up and nurses every two hours or so (unless it's a night when he wakes every 45min). I'm pretty much okay with the situation now, he's still so young, and I'm happy to be giving him what he needs during the night. My concern has come lately when I've been doing my baby sleep research, reading all of these MDC posts and others (Dr. Gordon, etc.). I keep reading about children who are still waking to nurse a lot at 2/3/4...
We've been playing peek-a-boo with a blanket. We both go under it and then we burst out and I say "peek-a-boo!".
We started using our jeep jogging stroller when the baby was 3.5 mos.(not really my first choice as far as brands go, it's pretty heavy to lug up stairs, etc, but it's really good ergonomically to push--we got it second hand). I'm not a jogger but I do take long exercise walks with it. We don't use a helmet. Because we live in the city we go to the park, so there aren't any cars, except on the way. If we were walking/running on the road it might be a different...
Hi I just skimmed through quickly, but it sounds like mayeb all of these responses have helped you feel a little better. I hope so! Why don't you look on Craig's List and go stay nearby where your DP will be? It can be an adventure for you and your babe. Will it be summer? If so, that will be all the better (depending on the location, I guess). Or can he make an exception to the usual way they do it and rent a place with you closeby? I think you have to bend...
I second the felt balls. Or a board book and a felt ball
My baby loves drinking water from a cup and has since he was 4 months old. I