or Connect

Posts by beautifulboy

Does anyone have experience with the religious exemption preocess in Massachusetts? I think I'm supposed to write a letter but my information might be a few years old. Is there a form? Or a letter? My DS will be starting at a private preschool. Many many thanks!
I'm sitting down to write a letter to my son's preschool claiming religious exemption from vaccination. He will be starting school next Tuesday and this will be his first school experience. When he was born we planned on delaying any vax for the first 6 mos but soon decided to delay until middle childhood. I am very worried that the school will tell me that he is not welcome (I fear I might have made a mistake here by not discussing this with the school months ago)...
What is the treatment for mild GD?  I'm 28 weeks pregnant with my 2nd baby (and had no indication of GD with the last babe).  My 1 hr glucose test levels, taken last week, were elevated.  Instead of taking the 3 hr test I am considering going straight to the treatment - i.e.: dropping sweets and other bad foods out of my diet, drinking more water and exercising more.  I usually eat pretty well (whole grains, organic foods, no sugar except the occasional treat, no juice,...
I think this is a great idea! Don't stress out about this. It's just not worth it in the grand scheme of things. We used cloth for the first two years of my ds's life and then switched to Eco-friendly disposables. Once when we were at a friend's house I was out of diapers and borrowed one, it was a main stream brand disposable and was the grossest thing have ever seen! It had the weird gel and was scented like yucky baby powder. .... So I don't blame you for not...
Just wanted to offer some support - I'm currently 29wks pregnant and still nursing my almost 3yr old. He nurses three or four times a day, I'm with him all day (I'm a SAHM) so sometimes it's more if he needs it. From my perspective 13 mos is too little to wean! So I'm happy you want to continue. You can do it! It's good your informed, I am not even sure what the 'creepy crawlies' are, so maybe I have just never experienced that. I HAVE experienced times when I just...
I am almost 27 wks pregnant and have felt noticeably different this past week. Think I've gained more weight this week than usual although my diet hasn't changed much from the past 20 wks or so, I eat pretty well, high protein nat foods etc ( I have been gaining 1pd a week or slightly less all along) also I've been REALLY tired (compared to just regular tired) Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this, is this a particularly big week for baby's...
We cosleep right now with our 2.5 yr old and will figure something out when the new baby is born so that we can all keep sleeping together (or maybe our toddler will go sleep with papa in another bed for a while . . . ).  We live in a very drafty house right now and winter is very chilly here for us!  Our bed is cozy warm.  Worries about blankets aside, I would think that it would be colder for the baby to sleep alone.  
Hi! You're in my DDC and so I just ran across your post.  I know you have many many well thought out and well composed replies here but I still thought I would add my two cents even though I have to keep it short.   Just wanted to say that with my 1st babe I thought I would nurse for a year and then I had the same attitude that you seem to have, that I would just wait and see what happens.  My boy is 2.5 now and we are not weaning any time soon. I'm so happy and so...
http://www.japaneseweekend.com/Maternity-Dresses-s/2.htm   Japanese Weekend always has some cute clothes.  And also I was at Target the other day and saw some very cute dresses!       Also - TJJazzy that is the cutest dress ever!  Are you pregnant again?  I am too!  I think we were in the same DDC, my DS was born 9/28/08