or Connect

Posts by beautifulboy

Hi Everyone Thanks for the feedback so far!   I think the raw milk risk is not really a risk if you know where your milk is coming from.  We have bought some raw milk from a local farm in the past, we go in the barn, say hello to the cows and then pick up our milk in the farm store.  It is my feeling the e-coli is from sad places where animals are treated poorly.  Am I right in my thinking here?  Just like eating lettuce from my garden doesn't pose the same risk as...
Dear Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice I know that you both specialize in very dramatic dramas and that natural birth and natural parenting may not seem all that dramatic to you when compared with high risk scenarios of cesareans at 23 weeks and c-sections followed by hysterectomies.  But if you were to allow a different perspective in to help write your pregnancy and parenting stories I am certain that the change will also be felt in your now fading ratings.  Let...
What is a super diet for a super mom-to-be?  What are the best foods to be eating while you're pregnant (in your fist/second/third trimesters)?  I think I am a pretty healthy eater but I bet I can do better.  Any suggestions about the best foods to eat while growing a babe would be greatly appreciated!
Hi  I really hate seeing women using nursing covers!  They look so cumbersome.  I completely understand that they put some moms at ease, but I hate to think that some people in our society require them. Covers just get in the way and it seems to me that the poor baby is suffocating down there.  My son pops on and off a lot now so I do try not to flash the world too much.   I have also worn two shirts (in the beginning) because I really didn't want my tummy showing, but...
I have to say that I'm surprised how much TV that everyone is watching.  DS is 2.5 and we watch you tube sometimes (Calliou episodes and random truck videos mostly) but not every day (or even every week). We never watch TV and, except when my dad is here and he's watching baseball, we never have it on when DS is awake.  I'm trying to hold out as long as I can, we have not yet rented a movie for him or let him watch a movie.  The thing I hate the most about TV is...
Hi All So nice to see you all here! Can I be added?  It's currently CD8 over here in the land of trying . . .   +
I don't have a second (yet!) but I totally get what you're saying, I think my Ds is going to come crashing down to earth if a new baby arrives.  We are very attached, BFing, cosleeping and spending every minute together except when I go to the gym 4x a week (which is hard for him lately).   I think the bond between siblings is equally as important, though.  One big reason I want to have another is so my boy isn't lonely in life, so he has someone.    
Hi Mrsberman - So from what you're saying, the nurse sort of knew that you didn't have religious views determining your decisions to vax, she just needed the officail form filled out and on file?  If that's all it takes I will be greatly relieved (even though MA doesn't have the forms to print out, you have to write a letter) I would rather not have to describe at length my made up religious views at DS's preschool.   No wonder they always say that it's easier with...
Thanks for the link.   Our issue gets even more complicated with preschool because I would like to send DS to a preschool we have already chosen, and we sort of know the people who run it through community and family connections.  It has been my dream since moving here to send DS there, it's an arts-based program.  I guess we will have to just be frank with them, we're going to visit in the next couple of week to investigate.  I know someone else who sent their kids...
  We are making the decision to move to either Providence or somewhere outside, in MA. Replies regarding RI or MA will be greatly appreciated!  We don't necessarily mean to compare the two states in this post, just gather information on each with the same post.   We have just moved to New England and will soon be navigating the system here as we prepare to send our DS to preschool (next fall).  We are planning on delaying vaccinations indefinitely, until our child...