or Connect

Posts by beautifulboy

We have just moved from to MA and will soon be navigating the system here as we prepare to send our DS to preschool (next fall).  We are planning on delaying vaccinations indefinitely, until our child is a much older child.  The situation is complicated by the fact that we did have DS vax'd - Hib, Prevnar, DTaP - at 6/7/8 mos but have now stopped altogether.  We are researching how to do a school exemption for a private preschool and then later, for a public elementary...
Hi Panonim  It's so funny isn't it, how easy it is to get pregnant when your not trying.  I don't have any gems of wisdom for you or anything, just some sympathy with trying to time the new baby.  I was being really picky, not wanting a winter baby and now wanting a spring baby, just wanting a summer baby and look now here we are looking toward having a September baby (at the earliest!). On the other end, I was also imagining the timing working out with us moving next...
First of let me say that I so sorry that you're feeling so stuck!  I know the feeling of having a crappy place to live, it is so important to have a home that has good energy for you!  I'm sorry if I sound like a pop psychologist here, but I am wondering if it's more that you're frustrated with your DP's need to call the shots and your taking it out on the house.  I agree with this previous post - - you should have access to your car and he should get his car fixed ASAP...
  Okay so this is not a poll because I can't figure out how to make a poll stick with the new system...anyway, no matter...     My brother and I are 8 long years apart, DP's siblings are 3 years and 5 years older than him, my paternal grandmother planned each of her 3 children to be exactly 5 years apart, and on the other side my mom is only 14 months younger than her sister (and that was planned too)...........   If you have two kiddos, how far...
Hi All Thanks for all of the replies this summer (when I started the thread).   We visited the Twin Cities this summer, we were there for 4 weeks and stayed in a corporate apartment owned by DP's work.  We decided that we want to live in the city if/when we move there (it looks like we are waiting for DP's work to confirm and then we will move there by next summer).     In St Paul we really like the Mac/Groveland and St Anthony Park neighborhoods.  In...
Hi there over 30s. I'd like to join as we are TTC #2 now, I'm 37.   Conceiving DS was fast enough, I was pregnant after two cycles (it happened in cycle #3).  Now here I am TTC #2 and not having enough time/sanity/stability to do it (literally)!   Although I would have liked to be pregnant back in June, I am in officially cycle #2 of trying as we were traveling/moving and living with my parents during the transitions for a lot of the summer. (Un-)Lucky us, DP was...
I checked 'something else' but I guess I should explain a little, my intention was to take it every day for the whole cycle and I did that when I was TTC my son..but this time around the vitex has made me feel nauseous and feel overall pretty yucky, so I'm taking it every few days.  I still notice a difference in my cycle, so I'm sure it's still working.  
We cosleep and have a queen size bed right now....we plan to transition our DS eventually and that will be into a full (and probably on the floor adjacent to our bed- it will be a room of bed !  ).  A full is just nicer, I think. Grownups can climb in and read to him and fall asleep, siblings can climb in if they want and also it makes for a good guest bed should people come to stay (in which case the kiddos will be back with us).  I had a twin growing up and doesn't it...
Quote: Originally Posted by eclipse Except that many kids who are on a "leash" have tons more freedom than kids in a stroller, a carrier, a shopping cart, or holding a hand. I disagree. The baby is harnessed and cannot get father than a few feet. I don't find any freedom here, just a harnessed baby unable to really go where they want. Isn't it better to stay close to your baby and chat about what they see and what they're doing? Leave the...
I you have a learning tower your more than half way there! We love the learning tower in our house, it's the best investment that we have made for our kiddo. Maybe you could add pizza to your repertoire. Even if you make a batch of dough only once in a while that you then divide and put in the freezer the dough will be fun for your babe to squish and make into his own pizza every time you thaw a ball out to make dinner. Also, could you make pancakes in the...