or Connect

Posts by beautifulboy

Okay, well this is an opinion I share with few moms out there, I did realize that as I read all the other responses on this thread but I have to weigh in here and say that I really dislike seeing a harness on a baby and I cannot believe that they have become popular. I guess I have seen to many people walking around with harnesses on their kids, sometimes jerking them back and speaking harshly to them. I just can't stand it, it makes me cringe just like seeing a mom...
Thank you so much for the warning KT, lead paint is such a huge issue in old houses and lead abatment will be a process that we will have to deal with without a doubt.
Thanks for the reply sarahmck, College Hill and Fox Point are both areas where we would like to live as the homes there are older. There is a house on Power ST. that we like, this is the house closest to Brown on our list, although it might not be still for sale when we have everything in order enough (months from now..). Providence is such a sleepy town overall that I can't imagine it getting too crazed with crazy students, except maybe on commencement weekend, etc....
Hi All Thanks for all the feedback. We're going to Providence again this weekend to look at some more houses and more neighborhoods -- and some playgrounds! Thanks for the tips. We'll drive around and look at all of those places. Any more that we should see? So the area near Brown is too student-y huh? We are hesitant to live on the West side because of the school situation. We have a friend who lives on Spencer who is trying to convince us to live over there (we...
Hi Everyone Thanks for the reply Plantmama, I'll look at those neighborhoods. I am also interested in the neighborhoods right around Brown, if anyone has any thoughts. Here's another question to add to the list: What are the best playgrounds on the East Side? (always telling about the surrounding neighborhood)
Hi there We will be moving to the area within the year and we're seriously considering moving to the East Side of Providence. We looked at houses this past weekend and found a few that we might be able to swing in our price range. If anyone lives on the East Side we would greatly appreciate any advice you may have! We are looking at living in the Gregorian school district---have any feelings on this school? Is living close to Brown while not being affiliated a...
Thanks for the help! I just signed up for the API TCs list. I am wondering about parenting Oasis, is it a play group? Or is it more of a community center?
Hi Annethcz I don't know much at all about the geography of the area yet but if outside the city we would have to live within commuting distance of Minneapolis.....on the map it looks like DP's office is near University of Minnesota Minneapolis on Washington Avenue South, sort of south of where Dinkeytown is on the map if that makes sense.
Thanks for all the feedback! If we move outside the cities we would be looking for a small town that is within commuting distance. We have lived in NYC for almost 10 years now and are not sure that we want to live in the city anymore.
We are doing some research about moving to the Twin Cities. My DP has not lived in St Paul since he was 13 (in the 1980s) and he says that so much has changed since then. In your opinion what is the best neighborhood to live in for crunchy arty families in either Mpls or St Paul? And also, what might be the best little town for families outside the cities that's not too suburban. About us: We are two adults and a small boy who like old houses and who would love...