or Connect

Posts by beautifulboy

Hi there Toddler shoes? We live in an area where zero of these shoes are sold in stores, so I have to buy them online. Does anyone know how these shoes run? big or small or wide?, etc. My DS has wide feet, I think. I would also love to hear about quality, if anyone has a comment. I have checked on other posts and it seems like people really love the Livie and Lucas and that Prescoolians are popular. We probably won't buy robeez but I'm throwing them in for good...
My father-in-law plants his tomatoes in the alley behind his house because he doesn't have proper sun in the yard, so there is hope for a shady yard! Plus tomatoes (and probably other veggies that need full sun and well-drained soil) do great in pots (we're looking into growing our tomatoes in pots upside down for the drainage this year, after getting the blight last year in the garden). Do you have a driveway or front stoop to put some plants and herbs?
thanks for all the responses everyone It seems like DS has been waking to nurse more and more, to the point where last night neither one o us got any sleep at all. This can't be healthy for either one of us! I really not sure why he's waking so often, maybe it could be teething or something else that is 'just a phase' but I am hoping hat I haven't got a boy who is developing this as his habit. I don't mind waking a few times-3/4xs- but more than that (or MANY more...
Thank you butterfly mama, this is exactly what I was looking for. Anyone else care to offer their stories?
hello there parents! I have been reading and reading and reading posts here in the nighttime parenting forum and I guess it's time to form my own question. Sort of a survey, if you co-sleep (or co-slept) and nursed to sleep at what point did your child stop nursing to sleep? and why? and at what point did your child begin to sleep through the night? and what made this happen? We cosleep and I nurse my DS to sleep every night. He wakes up 2-6x a night and nurses back...
I was a vegetarian for years but have been eating meat -and loving it!- for nearly as long now. I really have to say that your DH imo is being really over the top here, perhaps he just shouldn't eat meat after all? I think rare/med rare red meat is the best, anything else is ruined imo. As far as chicken, you do want it cooked, but not overcooked (then it's gross too imo). The thermometer is not necessary, especially for chicken that is raised properly. Also,...
Hi there toddler parents We're looking at play kitchens for our boy and are wondering what other families have. We would like to buy a wooden one like the following (but admittedly these here too expensive for us): http://www.oompa.com/baby-toys/category/806 is there one out there that are cooler than these? (and possibly more affordable?) We're also looking on craigs list, so maybe we could get one of the nicer ones gently used.....so price may not be that...
hi there, just read your post -- this really doesn't sound like a decent program to me, it sounds like the instructors know very little about child development or children, for that matter. I wouldn't go back.