or Connect

Posts by hibiscus mum

Grace Audrey was born yesterday at 1:49 p.m. I posted about the birth in the bi-weekly chat thread. She was 2 weeks early, but weighed in at 8 lbs, 13.5 oz, 22 inches long. I'm a tired but happy mama.
Holy crap - I'm home with a baby! My water broke at 10:45 on Friday night. I was just lying in bed, reading a book and felt it. My husband was working the Russell Peters show ( he works security at a local venue) so I called my midwife. We decided I could chill at home because no contractions had started but we'd head in if things picked up or at 7 in the morning. Unfortunately I was GBS positive this time so they wanted to start me on antibiotics. Called my folks...
Oh yeah - I forgot about poop-talk.  I'm sure I did it during both my labours but it was dealt with discretely and quickly.  It's one of those things I know a lot of women get worked up about but in the moment, it's no big deal.  You're just happy to be pushing the baby out.
  My presentation was pretty job-specific.  I'm a misconduct analyst in the military and my presentation was about alcohol misconduct.  I made a joke - introduced myself in an alcoholics anonymous-esque way and said, "It's been 9 months since my last drink."  The crowd thought it was funny.  I have to do the same presentation for a different group on Thursday so I might just reuse the same joke.  ;)   Like others, I do have some fear of my water randomly breaking in...
Vegan - congrats on the king-sized bed.  I don't know how I ever shared a double in the past!  I still can't believe my parents still sleep in a double.   I saw in the last thread a few people saying they've gained 45 lbs.  Must be the magic number - me too.  Sigh.  I gained 60 with my first, 50 with my 2nd, so was sort of hoping to continue the downward trend and only gain 40 this time.  No such luck - I'm pretty good at gaining weight.   Zub - must feel great...
Yes, I've been hurting so much lately. Not my back, but the pelvic girdle pain is just awful. Like VeganPrincess said, even going to bed offers no relief. Oh, and rolling over in bed is a feat of Olympian proportions! I also did something stupid yesterday and hoofed it to the bus on the way home from work. I thought I was going to miss it so I super speed walked and I think I pulled every muscle in my groin. Should've just been patient and waited 10 more minutes for...
Hi mamas!  I'm 35 weeks, 1 day today.  Some days I feel like...holy cow this baby is coming soon and others I feel like....when will this pregnancy be OVER?  LOL.  I'd be enjoying myself much more if only it weren't for the pelvic girdle pain.  It is absolutely excruciating, especially when I roll over in bed at night.   My husband took my kids on a 3 night camping trip so I've had the house to myself.  It's been so quiet!  I miss them, of course, but still enjoyed...
With my first, my water broke then contractions started about 4 hours later. I had a cool OB who told me to just chill at home until contractions were 3 to 5 minutes apart, which wasn't until about 4:00 in the afternoon (water broke at around 7 a.m.) I was induced with my second and the OB ( a different one) broke my water. Cool to read about all the babies born en caul.
With my first, my water broke then contractions started about 4 hours later. I had a cool OB who told me to just chill at home until contractions were 3 to 5 minutes apart, which wasn't until about 4:00 in the afternoon (water broke at around 7 a.m.) I was induced with my second and the OB ( a different one) broke my water. Cool to read about all the babies born en caul.
Thank you so much for all of your thoughtful responses.  I appreciate the feedback more than you know.   sillymom - You're right about not looking at my previous birth experiences as mistakes.  There were some things I would have done differently in hindsight, but overall I had good experiences.  I just feel like I can do better this time.  I'm more embarrassed to admit that my otherwise supportive husband is being weird about the birth of this baby.  I think you're...