or Connect

Posts by hibiscus mum

I should add too that my daughter is obsessed with picking a name! Her suggestions are cute - Ivy, Rose, Violet, Daisy. notice the flower theme? My husband is also extremely critical of every name. Like Violet would just be way too "out there" for him.
I'm feeling a bit stumped with names this time around. We know we're having a girl so at least there's a starting point. My kids are Maggie and Jack. Maggie's actually Margaret Jane but has always gone by Maggie. I feel like I'm sort of stuck with naming the new baby something like Elizabeth or Catherine, but I already have cousins with those names and would prefer not to re-use them since we're close. I do prefer more old-fashioned or traditional names that "pass the...
I'm jealous of your movie night, Angelorum. I can't wait to see the Hunger Games! I'm in Ontario too and enjoyed the beautiful weather we had earlier this week. Except forWednesday on a bus with no air conditioning. I thought I was going to puke on the bus ride home. Not a fun feeling. I thought I was finally turning a corner on the constant nausea, but it's back again. I had some energy and painted DDs toenails for her today. This afternoon I made soft pretzels...
Hi guys! I'm 11 weeks today and have my first midwife appointment on Monday. I'm very excited since this is my first time with a midwife. I've had horrid all day nausea and extreme fatigue. This is the worst Pregnancy symptom-wise for me so far. Up until week 7 I was doing hardcore high-intensity circuit training three times a week, plus ZUMBA once a week. But since the sickness and fatigue hit, I've done absolutely nothing. I feel guilty about that as i really...
I'm sub-clinical hypothyroid and only found out after I got pregnant this time. It wasn't an issue in previous pregnancies so I'm not sure what's up. I was so surprised when the dr called to talk to me about it that I didn't think to as what my levels actually were . He did say they re only slightly elevated, so I guess it's not overly serious. Anyway, I'm on 0.025 mg of synthroid a day. I'm still exhausted all the time but chalk it up to a regular first trimester...
There was a Survivor contestant a few seasons ago named Benry.
I'm right in the throes of constant nausea. What seems to be hitting the spot are bananas, kashi bars (love the chocolate coconut ones), crackers with peanut butter, natural almonds, and berries. I really would like to avoid gaining 50 - 60 pounDS like I did with the last two pregnancies, but I feel even worse if I don't eat.
Wow, I've had the heavy feeling in my uterus too. DH says I'm nuts. ::P. I'm also majorly constipated but this is par for the course for me. The next person to tell me to eat more fibre gets a punch in the throat. My issue is that for whatever reason, my bowels don't move every day. Then when they do, it's like my poop has built up in there. It's not fun. I'm thinking of trying a daily dose of good quality black licorice because I don't think I can take 35 more weeks...
6th for me!
Hi guys!  I just found out today that I'm pregnant with #3.  I'm quite surprised!  We were trying, but I've had no cervical fluid at all (came off the pill at the end of November) so I thought it would take a lot longer.   My due date's 6 October.  I'm still sort of in shock.  I tested for the past 3 days with my cheap internet tests and got faint, squinty lines, but i still wasn't convinced.  Hubby went out last night and bought a FRER, I tested this morning, and...