or Connect

Posts by Amatullah0

I understand your frustration. My DS pees a good amount once every couple of hours, and knows when he's doing it, but usually refuses to goto the potty. I got tired of fighting with him, and tired of the mess(even in gerber training pants he never bothered to tell me), so I decided we would take a break and just go back to diapers.    But, I just logged in because I'm considering trying potty training again, but I have no idea what to try. I'm thinking about making...
The blinds are in the living room, there's really no way to keep him out of them. We put up some curtains, and that seems to be helping, he forgets that the blinds are there for the most part, though he's played in the curtains once, for like 5 seconds. But, it hasn't been a big problem.    I'm not a fan of time out, but it's become a sort of necessity. I don't do the "I'm mad at you/that was bad, so go into time out!" But one day, he was frustrated/acting out, and...
He only twirls around in the blinds, meaning, plays with them, rarely. Usually, he accidentally, but on purpose, runs his riding car into them. So I tell him, be careful of the blinds, if you run the car into the blinds, we'll have to put the car away. then he does it again. then I tell him ok, if that's how we're going to play with the car, the car has to go away, and I put the car away in a room he can't get into, with him running after me trying to get it back(I'm...
I'm at my wits end. Again, actually. And I know it's all my(and DH's) fault. I really do.    When DS wants something, he hits, or throws stuff, or otherwise goes nuts. He does other damaging things on accident though too. DH gets bothered when DS does things on accident (like spilling milk or water or juice when he wants to pour it, or food when he's eating). I know it's an accident, and honestly, DH has his share of spills too. I get upset when DS breaks something...
It should be mentioned, don't ever add anything to any carseat, especially plush-wise. The seats are tested as is, not with extra padding or with any of the extra car seat accessories that you can buy in stores. Even fluffy jackets should be removed before putting kids in car seats, especially if you find you need to loosen the straps to fit the kid+jacket. Here's why: In a crash, the force of your child's body hitting the back of the seat causes all of the air to come...
I wish we had invested in a king size bed, and when we save up enough $$ we plan on getting one.    We had a cosleeper bassinet(arms reach) and I didn't like it because it wasn't the same height as our bed and I didn't have the energy to figure out how to adjust it or to anchor it to the bed.    Someone gave us a crib, and I liked it because it was light weight and easy to roll out of the way. I also liked that with it sidecarred to the bed, the crib mattress was...
Surprised me too! Even more surprising than seeing the AD, then seeing the email about it, was that I didn't see any threads discussing it.   I'm sad to see Mothering sink so low :( It used to be such a nice place to visit, but now, sadly, it's overrun with ADs, those that reinforce what Mothering used to be about and apparently those that don't as well. I have a 2 year old at home asking me to click on the monkey on the side of the forums. Thanks for reinforcing the...
Learning at School IS a lumped together forum of all brick and mortar schools, with the exception of the alternative schools that have their own forums. Most people who post in Learning at School are there for public school. 
Can you have friends come over to your place? Then you can play without the TV on. Or, meet up somewhere that doesn't have a TV (are there any indoor play places around?)   When we were overseas for a few months, we would visit the neighbors, and they had a larger wall mounted TV. I think they were very proud of it or something. She was asking me what I like to watch on TV, and since I don't watch much(especially not when it's in a language I don't understand too...
PM'd you!