or Connect

Posts by Amatullah0

Or make sure to at least rinse her vulva well after she stands up to get out of the bath. We use water after going to the bathroom too. We keep a small watering can with a short spout next to the toilet for this purpose, though I know many people who use a hand held bidet -- like a diaper sprayer hose. We're cleaner and a plus is we use way less toilet paper!  
We had a ton of dishes that DH's parents left behind when they moved back overseas. Most of them were way too heavy for daily use, so we never used them. I freecycled most of it. We also had a ton of stuff that we weren't ever going to use from when we got married and I got rid of that too. We're down to a couple of each size dish, and a three drinking cups/three tea cups. AND, only 2 of each pice of silverware in each size(2 kid size spoons, 2 large sized spoons, 2 long...
I'd like to get rid of our dish drying rack, and we have a dishwasher. BUT, I worry that the dishes will smell weird or not dry right in the dish washer. Do you have that problem? Maybe our bigger issue is DS playing in the dishwasher. We'd have to keep it closed to let the dishes dry.    Maybe I'll put the dish rack away and try it out for a day or so. Our counters are about the size of yours, and I'd really like some space!
I type just like your son (I do everything that you mentioned in your post), and I type well, and fast, without looking at the keyboard. I used typing programs when I was younger, and this is just how I type comfortably. I spend a good chunk of my day typing.    I say you needn't worry about it and even if he is a slower typer now, practice will make him faster, and if his current positioning is uncomfortable for him, mention he might be more comfortable if he _____s...
THANK YOU SMOKERING! That means I'm not the only one this crazy! :lol   I worry about the same things with a few superficial changes, but same worries, and they pop up into my head almost constantly. I'll be thinking about something like "what will DH do if I die?" and I'll ask DH, who is also just staring at a wall, what he is thinking about, and he says "nothing" and it's not just a "i don't want to tell you type of nothing, but it's a blank head type of nothing,...
Looks awesome! I got rid of a ton of excess dishes about a year ago, but we're having similar problems with too many dishes again. I actually came to this forum for advice on what to do with the extra cups that we DO use, but VERY rarely. This past week or two in the kitchen has been dominated by our excessive use of glasses/mugs. I want to just get rid of all of the extra cups and mugs, but I can't because, once in a blue moon(like, literally, 2-3 times per year) we...
What about giving her a list of, say, 5 books, that you can read together. She can pick which of the 5 books to read from, and then you read the book together(maybe she reads a paragraph, then you read a paragraph, and so on.) She still gets to read however many of whichever books she likes, but you also get to both enjoy this book together. What are some of her other interests? I really liked the Dear America and Roald Dahl books when I was younger. I really enjoyed The...
(((hugs)))   The only thing I can suggest (having been "referred" to similarly "scary" services myself) would be to (either at the first visit or scheduling phone call) to let them know that you've figured something else out to help you organize the house and that you won't be requiring their services.    And I'm not saying you have to lie to them. Creating a cleaning schedule, declutter the house, enlisting the kids to help you tidy the house, or getting the...
The parents who talk about being "glad that they're getting rid of their kids" really upsets me. It bothers me that even though DS isn't even old enough for most preschools, people love to talk about when he is going to school, or how he's starting soon, or in the case of meeting a teacher while visiting our local high school, saying "oh wow, you're going to be here pretty soon, huh" (to DS). School isn't a given for us, and it's not even really on the table right now....
Thanks, your thread inspired me (lets hope the inspiration stays!)   I told DH we need to have a "throw as much stuff as possible away day." A big issue of ours is that we have so much "useful stuff." That altoids tin is great for holding pins/needles. That full jar of vaseline hasn't even been touched. That half-full jar of vaseline is, well, half full! and that tiny jar of vaseline is only about an eighth full, but it would come in handy if I find we need to carry...