or Connect

Posts by Amatullah0

We usually buy Pediped
When I discovered the excema spreading on my hand, I had no idea what to do. I tried almost everything. I started out using petroleum jelly, then switched to lanisoh ointment, which is what I am using now. I tried an unpetroleum jelly for a while, but switched bac to lanisoh lanolin for the consistency. I would love to try waxelene!
I always dry my PUL diaper covers on high heat in the dryer(and wash them in hot water) But I wash them along with my flats(approx 1 cover for every 6 or so flats) I don't know if it would melt or anything if dried on high heat with just PUL in the dryer. I've also boiled PUL covers with no ill effects. I've also line dried them, since I wash covers more often than I wash my flats.   I think I've only ever heard of one diaper cover that puts the shiny side of PUL...
This wasn't DS's first eid, but the first time he got to participate in the excitement of it, since he's older now. I made him a felt board(based off of the one here: http://anaashad.blogspot.com/2010/03/craft-time-la-la-la.html) and a doll that I gave him a few days prior to eid, since he had tried to potty his other baby by actually sticking it in the toilet (ewwww!)   I'm wondering, when do you give eid presents? I think I'd like to make a tradition out of WHEN,...
Can you read arabic? When I was learning to read, I memorized the alphabet, I always had a sheet with the letters(and transliterated sounds) nearby. I still get confused for a second sometimes with letters like jeem and ha and khaa, but alhamdulillah it has improved with practice. Another thing that made it easier to learn was getting a transliterated tajweed qur'an that had the arabic on the opposite page. (this:...
Does iron-on work for jeans? stencil/painting would look cool too. What about embroidery? you could take a pair of jeans to a local embroidery shop and see what they can do about it. 
Even if she doesn't leave knowing the language, learning more than one language often helps one understand their main language. My experience in learning three non-english, latin-based language from a textbook and also from immersion experience in latin-based and arabic based languages. I am no longer fluent in a lot of the languages that I have learned, but it has especially helped me with understanding english syntax, as well as in helping me figure out (english) words...
I love an uninterrupted soak in a HOT scented bath. These bath petals sound simply luxurious! http://www.spastation.com/organic-bath-lavender-vanill-bubble-bath-petals-3-oz.html
When DS was 4mo, he had a bad case of diarrhea. We had been trying to get an appointment with his ped the entire day, but they were booked solid. About an hour before closing, the secretary called to say there was an opening, but that we had to be there in 15 min to get the appt. Since the office was 10 min away, we had to run out the door. I grabbed the diaper bag, and rushed out the door. Of course,while at the peds office, ds in his state had another "explosive...
I don't hesitate to discipline my friends kids, especially if the parents aren't saying anything or aren't around. Of course, we never use physical discipline or time out, and we're learning and DS is still younger than a lot of my friends' kids.   "A, it bothers me when the ball hits me in the head, could you and T go and play with the ball in another room please?"    or better, if you have the baby with you, "(Baby) is so small and gets hurt easily, please be...