or Connect

Posts by AustinCrunchyMomma

From the KY Home Birth Coalition...   "We have great news! Yesterday our bill was introduced in the Senate by our sponsor Senator Tom Buford! "the midwives bill" is officially SB106! Now is the time when YOU can make a difference. We will need your voice throughout this whole process... here is what we need you to do TODAY: call the legislative message line 1-800-372-7181, the operator will ask for your name, address, phone number and message. Tell the operator you...
Girl!!!  
EDD: April 24th Your Name: Jennifer Age: 33 State or Country: Kentucky How long it took to you to get your BFP: We don't prevent, so it just happens when it happens:) What number child is this for you: 5 Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): DD-8 (C-section), DS-6 (hospital VBAC), DS-4 (birthing center VBAC), DS-17 months (homebirth VBAC) Baby's Gender (hopes or guesses): After 8 years (and 3 boys) it's another GIRL!!!! We...
I know this is an older post but there may be some who like me are still referencing it to decide about the PKU test. Here is the 2009 article from Texas talking about newborn DNA being stored by the state for research purposes without permission of parents. It was only after the state was sued that parents were allowed to ask the state to destroy their child's DNA (although the results already recorded of the child's DNA did not have to be deleted). Hope this helps...
Hi all! My husband has just been offered a job teaching at WKU in Bowling Green. I would appreciate any information that you have to offer about the area. We would be moving from Austin, TX and are pretty crunchy. *Does anyone have any recommendations for non-vax friendly pediatricians? Or is this going to be a huge problem? *I would love to have a home birth next time around (not pregnant yet, but hope to be soon). We have 3 children so far and the last was born at a...
Dr. Stephanie McNelis at Austin Diagnostic Clinic North is wonderful. She is so supportive of whatever you want to do. I had her for my first birth which was a c-section (breech) and second. She pushed so hard for me to have the VBAC that I wanted (it was sucessful) and then when I wanted a natural birth for the 3rd pregnancy she was 100% supportive even when I decided to go to the birthing center at the end of the pregnancy. Oh, and I had medicaid for 2 of my pregnancies...
I know you are looking for someone in north Austin, but if we moved I would still drive down south to see them. Good luck!!! We love, love, love South Oaks Family Family Medicine (next to Seton Southwest Hospital). Dr. Cox is amazing. The wholes staff there is great (doctors, nurses, P.A., N.P.). We no longer vaccinate at all. Dr. Steigler did give me her opinion about our 12 month old needing his DTP, but she didn't push it when I told her that I appreciated her...
We love, love, love South Oaks Family Medicine (next to Seton Southwest Hospital). Dr. Cox is amazing. The wholes staff there is great (doctors, nurses, P.A., N.P.). We no longer vaccinate at all. Dr. Steigler did give me her opinion about our 12 month old needing his DTP, but she didn't push it when I told her that I appreciated her sharing her opinion with her and then moved on. Dr. Cox is so respectful of a parent's right to choose if they will vaccinate or not. Even if...
I just called Dr Cox's office (http://www.southoaksfamilymedicine.com/index.htm) b/c I'm fed up with my current pedi and all of the crap she gives me every time I delay or refuse a vax. I have a friend who use to use Dr. Cox for her whole family and loved him. So I was waiting on hold to make new patient apts. for the kids and Dr. Cox accidently picked up my call thinking I was on hold for him. I quickly took the opportunity to ask him how he feels about new patients...
Just joined (have been meaning to for over a year) so this is my first post...exciting. I just delivered my 3rd baby 12 weeks ago. I tried to get in with Dr. Christina Sebestyn but couldn't. Now I'm glad that I didn't. Not being able to have a midwife in the hospital put me onto the path of the Austin Area Birthing Center. That is where I delivered my son (it was my second VBAC). I loved it there. The midwives were great and I couldn't have asked for a more perfect...