or Connect

Posts by freestylemama

I've been stressed out with some major life events that have happened here (moving, surgeries, trying to rent out a house thousands of miles away, having few friends and no family here, etc.)  I try every day to think about the good things in my life and focus on what I can control.  I know that sounds trite, but it does help.    In your case, I would be really upset.  If you work as much as he does out of the house, you should not be doing that much of the work in...
The video games, cussing and food stuff make me cringe.  I'm not a huge fan of publicly naked kids, but it doesn't really make me cringe.   I don't think unlimited screen time is healthy for anyone and I have serious issues with violent media and children.     As an adult, I've had a difficult time making sure my language is appropriate, so I would rather my kiddos not start a bad habit.   I am very involved in healthy eating decisions.  My mom let me "free...
I'm doing really well.  We had an ultrasound about a month ago and all is perfect.  I really like both midwives in the practice we're using which is a huge relief because we just moved and I was worried about connecting with them as much as I did with the ones who helped DD out. 
Yes, for right now.  Once we pay for the rental inspections and the extra taxes and lose the homestead exemption, we'll probably lose a few hundred a year.  This is still so much better for us than just letting our credit tank.  I don't think this is the best solution for everyone, but for us it was.  We're actually much better off financially than when we bought the house and the thought of it keeping us from getting another mortgage if we want one was really horrible.  
I feel like you should be teaching us all how to shop!  I am amazed that you were feeding a family of 4 on $200 and a freezer full of meat.   We have pregnant me, DH and DD and I am amazed when we spend less than $500/month.  We eat an enormous amount of fresh fruits and veggies though so I think that's why I have a hard time bringing it down.   I like the idea of pushing things like eggs and oatmeal and popcorn.  I bake a lot of muffins and make a lot of baked...
Could you downsize and try and rent it out?   We moved for DH's work and tried to sell our house.  We couldn't sell it for less than half of what we owed on it but we were able to find people to rent it from.  In our case, this was the best option because we have perfect credit and will want to buy again and couldn't stomach throwing away an entire adulthood of paid off debts and no late payments because of the stupid housing crash.    I know that for some...
I'm not an unschooler, but we left a Montessori because it was way too strict and I felt like my DD's spirit was being crushed there.  She's totally fine and back to her creative, spunky self after going to a regular play focused preschool.  I just wanted to give you some support that you're not alone and that Montessori just doesn't work for all kids and all families.     I wish we would have left earlier.  We stuck it out for 3.5 awful months.  
So far I have one half gallon mason jar full of chilli in the freezer.  29 more suppers to go!  If I get more I'll be delighted.  If I get less, I'll just go have fun in the freezer section of Costco to make sure we have some things ready. 
We're fine with leftovers, but we've noticed that as DD grows a lot of our meals that used to last us two suppers are down to a supper and a lunch.    Either way, lately I've been making a list for the fridge of at least 14 suppers.  These are different things that we have everything for.  Some are crockpot meals, some are very easy things like pasta and a veg and other things are more complicated.  There's a variety and the most important thing is that we have all...
I tore a lot with DD and required stitches. It took a while for us to get back into it and it did hurt initially.  It's also different.  Different isn't bad though and like I said, we definitely got to a very good place again after.      I have some worries about tearing again and have decided against another water birth.  My midwife knows about my concerns and will do more counter pressure type stuff to help me avoid tearing.