or Connect

Posts by freestylemama

I had a really awesome first birth experience.  DH was my main source of support.  We had two midwives there as well- one knitted almost the entire time and would say things like, "you're doing great" if I asked.  She also did a couple of heartbeat checks with the doppler.  The other took amazing pictures of the labor and birth.  I honestly can't imagine having a baby without my DH there.  We have a really wonderful relationship and he's my best friend and has always...
I usually just wear tankinis when I'm pregnant.  I do wish it had a little more support in the chest for swimming laps, but I hate trying to squeeze into a lap suit, so it works.
I've always just cooked stuff and then put it in the freezer.  It has worked fine.    I like the idea of using big Mason jars.  I have several 1/2 gallon ones so, I'll do that for the soups and chili.    
I think it really depends on your family situation.  We waited until DD was 3.5 to TTC and then got pregnant right away.  She'll be 4 when our new baby comes.  So far, she's elated about being a sister and even asked us quite a few times before we TTC if we would have another baby.  She sleeps pretty well now, is weaned, has been potty trained for two years, entertains herself with crafts and play, goes to preschool and is really pretty fun to be around most of the...
I'm glad others are in the same boat.  I like the idea of rice that's ready.  How did you thaw/cook it once you wanted it? I'm apprehensive to heat plastic.    I am so new to this that I need help with the hows as well.  In the past we've just used our pyrex containers, but I've never stocked the freezer like I will be here.  Tips and sales about reusable containers would be great if anyone has them.
Hi Ladies, I've been thinking that I should start prepping extra meals so we have a well stocked freezer by the time the baby comes.  We just moved to a new city and can't count on a meal train or anything like that because we don't really know many people here.    We have a chest freezer and I would love to have 30 suppers frozen before baby comes.      The meals we've frozen easily have been pretty simple things like chili, curries and soups.  I'm going to...
I agree with this.  I talked to my midwife about transfers and she said that she has a great relationship with a hospital that could be easy or hard to get to (depending on traffic) and that's where we'll go if we have time.  She said she just has to call the nurses and they'll have a room ready for us so we can skip the whole emergency part.  If there is a serious emergency, we'll just head to the hospital nearby.  I figure if I have to transfer, I'm just going to focus...
They might not have recourse, but the OP asked for advice and was interested in doing the right thing from an ethical and moral perspective.  The right thing is for her to contact the school and discuss openly how she can repay her debt.
I agree with Smithie.  DD has attended three preschools (we've recently moved) and none of them could afford to have people just not pay.  The Montessori she attended did do scholarships for kids whose parents couldn't afford the tuition, but those came out of a specific pot and were fundraised for separately from tuition.     I think that at the very least, you need to call the director and offer to set up a payment or work plan.
I don't break it down by meal.  We have pregnant me, DH and DD who's almost 4.  If I spend less than $500/month on all household stuff, I feel like that's a good month.  I'm sure I could spend less, but we really love to eat and I get a lot of pleasure from cooking and preparing a variety of healthy foods.   We don't eat all organic, but we do some organic foods and lots and lots of produce. We eat out about once a week and DH brings his lunch to work...