or Connect

Posts by MammaG

I seem to be a professional klutz and I have broken more bones than I will admit here, including toes (last time 7 months pregnant, two days before hosting 14 for Thanksgiving dinner ). Advice from a been- there: get a solid-soled foot brace...it keeps you from rolling up onto your toe when you walk. I found crutches were awkward and I always get raw spots on my palms and under my arms when I have to use them, but the shoe thingy works great. Have you put arnica on it...
Now, if they were offering a vaccination for diabetes, that might make some sense .
I guess everyone is different....my big boys are 6.5 and 5 years old. They both still sleep on the crib mattresses. It's small for my big guy, but he sleeps all balled up and if he needs more room, he sleeps with us a lot anyway.We trasitioned the kids to the crib mattress on the floor beside our bed at around 2. Earlier would probably have worked just fine. At around 3, they were ready to be off the floor and we took the side off the crib, which is one of those...
I joined and liked on Facebook. I have a little boy. Great business idea! I will get some boxes ready to ship out ASAP!
"With all due respect, Dr. X, I pay through the nose to buy health insurance, which in turn pays an exorbitant amount so that I can buy your expertise. In the 25 minutes that my $150 buys, I want the best benefit from your expertise on medical issues concerning my infant. I assume I could get the freebie of your opinion on your own time if I wanted it." OK, I probably wouldn't say it quite like that, but I really, really object to doctors who are arrogant enough to take...
India! But Bhutan sounds great too, so maybe both. I had a chance in college to do a month long archeological dig somewhere in the Mediterranean, but couldn't go because I had auditions then. Always regretted not doing it, so maybe something that involved experience as well as location. I'd love to go to Turkey, too. And parts of China. Oh, and Zimbabwe (my parents met there!), but I guess I would want to go when it is a bit more settled. And I've always wanted to...
Those babies are so sweet and so lucky to have you for a Mama! You are on our family prayer list. We offer prayers in hope for your healing, and prayers of thankfulness for your wonderful books that have meant so much to us. Hope your appointment goes well! Best luck!
Hi Mamma, it's been a few days since you last posted. How are things? Any better? Thinking about you, hoping all is well and the crazy people are being......less crazy.
OP, we have this guideline in our marriage, too, but probably for different reasons. Our agreement stems from a time in our marriage when I was terribly disrespected by my DH (and it turned out that he had a long history of finding it difficult to respect women he sees sexually...classic mother/whore pedestal type thinking). Part of our path in recovering from that time is the realization that in order to respect one another and our own selves as sexual beings in an...
Just reading your last post made me think. We are a Waldorf homeschooling family and on a super tight budget, too. I would (theoretically, if you lived nearby!) be really happy to have your kids over to be with us a day or two a week in return for some other service...maybe you are great at canning summer vegetables or meal/budget planning or something. Maybe you love scrapbooking and would be willing to make my poor kids their first-year books (that will never happen...