or Connect

Posts by Green Eyes

Quote: Originally Posted by SunshineJ Well, first off I think I'd be pretty upset. Intentionally or not you were mislead and lied to (no kids because of liability, oh wait, well, some kids are invited - totally negates the "liability" issues). Anyway though, since this is someone who's been a good friend for years, and since this is the type of situation that can ruin friendships (ask me how I know ) this is what I'd do if I were in your situation. I'd...
Quote: Originally Posted by number572 I also wanted to say that I wish you strength and send you good energy for what you are going thru with your sister and also in grieving and growing from the loss of your dad. I'm so sorry. Thanks so much! Tough times.
Quote: Originally Posted by Barbie64g Then he could very possibly end up in your guest room sooner then you think, apologizing up and down about what a TOOL SHED he was Acting like when he got married to whats-her-face. Mods, I said ACTING LIKE, I didnt outright call him a name. LOL! Thanks for that!
Quote: Originally Posted by EFmom I'm sure your daughter is delightful and this must be hurtful. But it's not about your daughter. Please try not to take it personally. It's about some kind of "policy" he and the bride came up with for crafting a guest list and not about particular individuals. It's about his unwillingness to help us figure out a solution so we could attend. He didn't let us know she wasn't invited until the invitation...
Quote: Originally Posted by journeymom ... but I'm betting he was sending mental messages, "Dude, please don't you give me a hard time about this, too. You have no idea what she's like right now. If I have to choose between pissing you off or pissing off my bride, future source of all good things, I'm gonna piss you off."... LOL! Now THAT does sound like our friend! We've been talking to some of our mutual friends and none of us have met the...
Thanks for the feedback! We are not going to the wedding; we feel we don't have any choice. My husband is definitely not okay about going without our daughter. Instead, though, my daughter and I are going to visit my sister and help my mother probate my father's will. Husband will be home between business trips, taking care of the kitties. Daughter is pretty excited that she is going on a trip after all, so I think it's okay. Wonder if the friendship will survive,...
BTW you guys couldn't know this (but our friend does!) but our daughter has always been an easy-going kid; some people describe her as "content." Her teachers tell us she a "wonderful classroom citizen." She's well-behaved, even as a small child she never acted up much, never in public, and she's 12 now and very a much a young lady who behaves herself! We don't get it!
Quote: Originally Posted by GearGirl ...It seems so strange though that he doesn't understand your situation. He also seemed unwilling to discuss it. He wrote that he and the bride discussed this over and over, and again before sending the invitations, and it was a "done deal." Too bad he didn't discuss it with us! I got the feeling that he was sick of talking about it even though it was news to us and we were pretty gob-smacked.
Quote: Originally Posted by To-Fu Did he give you any explanation as to why your daughter is not welcome? It seems really strange to me, given that other children will be there. When my husband called to confirm that our daughter was not invited, our friend said no children were allowed because of "liability issues." But when we emailed him to RSVP, he wrote back that only nieces and nephews were coming, and that the Sunday BBQ was...
Please tell me what you think of this and what in the world is going on! A close family friend of 20 years is getting remarried in 4 weeks, 500 miles away. We knew about the upcoming wedding 6 months ago, and planned to make it a family vacation since there are 3 nights of festivities. We were very much looking forward to the wedding since there has been a lot of sadness in our family lately – I lost my dad 7 months ago, and my dear sister has been fighting a very...