or Connect

Posts by thismama

Btw what med is it you are taking littlebit, if you feel like sharing?
omg i hear you on being pregnant and nursing and feeling worse. I was such a flake this past school year (my babe was 4 mos when I started) that I would be borrowing pens and sometimes paper from daycare to write notes in lecture! I made good grades in school but I swear the daycare folks must think I'm on the verge of flaking out of university. And I got my loan papers and forgot to mail them! Found out in April when $4000 of my tuition was not paid, and it just got...
Oh cool! Yeah I found those threads kind of daunting in their length. WuWei posted crib notes for the thyroid thread and I am going to read those. But would be great if a few of us could figure out why the heck we are feeling sluggish, on a less intimidating thread!
I picked up cod liver oil yesterday! I'm cool with meat I can't taste. I did read that actual fish oil is better but it's more $$ too.
I have cut out sugars before, for two years. I eat some sugar now (frozen yogourt yummm). I am vegetarian, can't stand meat, I did try to start eating it a few years ago but eww. Honestly I can't face changing my diet at all right now. I am doing Weight Watchers, and that is as much as I can do, yk? I do eat a lot of veggies, a lot of fruit, all whole grains, protein such as eggs, beans, tofu. But that is truly the best I can do without feeling insane. I could definitely...
Thank you. omg this describes my day perfectly : Quote: Morning fatigue -- You don't really seem to "wake up" until 10 a.m., even if you've been awake since 7 a.m. Afternoon "low" (feelings of sleepiness or clouded thinking) from 2 to 4 p.m. Burst of energy at 6 p.m. -- You finally feel better from your afternoon lull. Sleepiness at 9 to 10 p.m. -- However, you resist going to sleep. "Second wind" at 11 p.m. that lasts until about 1 a.m., when you finally go...
Quote: Originally Posted by nathansmum I read the Adrenal Fatigue thread one day and after googling realised I had most of the symptoms (and I'd recently been dealing with a lot of stress and looking after my ds so my own health took a dive). I took the recommended supplements (B complex, Vit E, mag/calc and something else) and it perked me right up in about a month. I could just take these maybe? Should I be totally freaked about...
Thanks nathansmom! And LOL!! 1littlebit. Yeah it's crazy overwhelming. Just looking at all the supplements at the health food store today was overwhelming also...
I'm reading the adrenal thread and the thyroid thread right now. omg holy information overload. Now I wonder should I take iodine? This is very confusing...
I checked out the site, thanks MoonWillow. The hard thing, like you say sbgrace is trying to figure out what the heck is the cause. Green juice WuWei? Does it really help? And is it expensive? I don't mind splashing out for it if it will probably be helpful. The guy at the homeopathy store recommended it actually. I picked up iron and cod liver oil today. Should those help? I know I have low iron, also borderline hypothyroid and insulin resistance/PCOS (which is pretty...