or Connect

Posts by spicyrock

My daughter is only two, but she has asked if she could try my wine/dh's beer.  I am not 100 percent certain she would hate the taste, so I don't give it to her- she's the sort of toddler who literally likes every food that we put in front of her, even things that many adults think taste odd (the only exception being mashed potatoes- for some reason she does not care for mashed potatoes. strange...) I usually tell her she can try it once she's six or seven. I figure by...
Thank you all for your kind words and good advice. It is more helpful than you know. In retrospect, I do wish I had taken my dd to the funeral, but most people thought she was too young and I myself couldn't handle it. I couldn't take care of her and I was lucky to have my mother in law to basically care for her for the first three weeks or so. I was completely torn into pieces with sadness and despair and I barely made it through the funeral, myself.   I like the...
I haven't posted in a while, but I was hoping you could help me out with this awful situation.   My father died on March 31st. He died unexpectedly and I have been devastated. We were very close, and he was a huge part of my life and my daughter's life. She is two and a half. She's very verbally apt and she speaks clearly with a large vocabulary and with well-developed sentences.    From about two weeks after my dad's death, she would occasionally ask questions...
you guys will be fine! let yourself enjoy this time, because you deserve it, there is nothing wrong with it, your marriage is important too, it is good for your little one to have strong relationships with other people, and honestly, really, truly, she will be ok! i was a super-stressed mom about leaving my dd for any length of time. i tried it once when she was pretty young- 9 or 10 months- and couldn't take it, went all the way back to nana's house and picked her up....
Quote: Originally Posted by ProtoLawyer I can't speak for Georgia (you may wanna consult a family law attorney) and this is not legal advice, nor am I going to comment on the wisdom of making decisions unilaterally... But here in WI, single mothers also get full legal and physical custody (even if Dad signs a paternity acknowledgement) unless/until something different is established (though in many cases--including in most long-term relationships like...
when dh and i got pregnant with dd, we were in a very long term relationship but had chosen not to marry. we changed our minds some time after her birth, for many reasons, the most important of which are deep love and taxes in my state (georgia) unwed mothers have full parental rights of babies unless and until dad goes to court and fights to change that, even if the father has legally declared paternity (dh signed the affidavit of paternity and the bc at dd's birth)....
i had thrush with dd, it took me forever to figure out what that awful, terrible feeling was- your shooting pains sound like thrush to me and it is worth looking into, as once you know what it is, you know how to fix it! I took diflucan and got the stuff that went in dd's mouth - nystatin or something - but some people swear by gentian violet. if, as time goes by, you notice white patches in your baby's mouth, you almost certainly have thrush- but those patches don't...
Quote: Originally Posted by dakotablue OR she is assuming that her EX was around before he is saying he was and she things it may have originated with you animals? . oooh, i didn't even think of this. it is another possible motive- is she trying to figure out how long you two have been together? just a consideration. i think most people seem to agree on these things: 1) there is no harm in getting the animals tested, if it expensive why...
He stays at home with her and I work full time outside of the home. We had always planned for this to happen, and I am grateful to have him- he is an amazing father, and I love seeing the bond that they have, love knowing that she has a positive and strong male presence in her life and that (should she be inclined toward men) she will have an excellent example of a healthy one who treats her (and me) well. But it is really, really bothering me how she has started (more and...
Quote: Originally Posted by leilamom As for the MRSA, he had that before he ever even saw the pets, so I know he didn't get it here. I'm relatively new to the step-parenting role, so I wanted to do a check before I went off the deep end with this (I have a tendency to do that). I guess I have to learn to leave it alone when it comes to the dynamic between him and her...when it really isn't anything to do with me, it's about them and their...