or Connect

Posts by FaithfulOne

Darn...everything you've already tried is what I would suggest. Honestly, I might start thinking about a Lactation Consultant or Breastfeeding Clinic.
I know all too well exactly what you are going through I agree with the pp about using a detangling spray...but if your dd's hair is as thick as the average adults, I would suggest an adult brand (like Infusium etc) I also discovered that a quality haircut and an abundance of layers/extreme thinning can make all the difference! My 9yo dd would struggle and tears would accompany every hairbrush...until we got layers/thinning. Now she can do it all by herself!
Thanks for all the wonderful insights on making butter. I've always wanted to try and now I'm feeling motivated! I second Organic World in MR....its excellent ...subbing...
-at lakes I am less concerned, but remain within arms reach up until at least 6-7yo, after that they still need to be in my direct line of sight -at my Dads, that's on the ocean, they wear life jackets on the dock/boat. There is no shoreline or beach, just straight drop-offs/rocky cliffs (yeah, thats another thread on safety!! ) I'm curious to see what others think...
Here's a YouTube test for this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwE3xcWjfe8
Tyrophobia-no Arachnophobia- YES...extreme, out of control, fits of sweats and panic attacks when in the presence of abnormally large-live in a barn and under my washing machine-SPIDERS :yuck
elcome Azadehhast I am SO not a talented sewer/seamstress/knitter/make-of-things Ya'll are very inspiring
Maybe a friend or relative has one they aren't currently using...and you could borrow? What about calling some thrift stores to see if they have any...Value Village?...
Earrings: I suggested my dd wait until she was old enough to decide and well aware of the discomfort (albeit momentary) and care required. She pleaded for an entire year and we decided at 8yo to have it done. We went to "Claires". I found the staff on hand that day to be moderately educated. I did have them re-do the guide dots to make sure they were even. I would say they are pretty good in terms of even-ness However...despite all, she never even wears earrings anymore!...
I agree with the pp's to find a way to walk him in. Our schools were very lax. Myself and a few other teary Moms hung out in/out of the classroom for days! The teachers never seemed to mind. I have to say I don't agree with the "technique" of just stripping a child from their parents and forcing them to feel confident when their parent is not within sight/contact. I told my kids things like "Mommy will meet you at recess (with a special snack etc), Mommy will be...