or Connect

Posts by Momtezuma Tuatara

Even back in the "old" days, there was information overload, of a different sort.  The card index system of Dewey could be incredible intimidating.   Pubmed is so much easier than Cumulus medicus indexus.  I'd walk into this big room, and have to find a book with the right word.  Then I'd have to line up a whole lot of books - sometimes ten or more thicker than the thickest telephone directories, with print even smaller.   it was truly like finding a needle in a...
 do you think it's part an assumption that we live in such a wondrous IT age, that because everything we handle "looks" good, all the experts therefore, must be "right" and.....   even vaccines must be the "right" thing?
Perhaps it's also that it's permeated the state education system to such a huge degree... but again, that's something we avoided by homeschooling from start to finish....   He not only plays for NZ http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/23063386 and http://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/auckland/news/spcri/1723176529-cricket--black-caps-make-impact-on-county-scene     He also plays for Nottinghamshire http://www.espncricinfo.com/county-cricket-2013/content/story/645887.html
My FIM ?, or FIM in general 
I wonder why this is though.  These young mothers are much more au fait with IT than I am.   Is it because they are captured by addictive facile facebook, and spend all their time posting photos of the toast they are about to eat?   I guess I'm a dinosaur and don't understand why it is that young parents today feel the need to toe the party line, or dissolve in a blob like a jelly without enough gelatine.   Where I live, the only increase in vaxganda is phone...
It's not enough to 'just' have an exemption.  That is not a measure of safety....   You have to know why you are not doing what you are not doing.   You need to know all the above in ssun5's post and more besides, because if you don't, and something happens where you feel hung out to dry, you will be legless.   Every legless non-vaccinating parent that gets trampled over, gives people like Offit another reason to say that non-vaccinators are emotional,...
 Why thank you Mirzam.   Blame Applejuice.   She put reputation on a post I wrote in 2007, and I thought, What? is that thread STILL alive?   It wasn't.   So since I have an hour of mooching, decided to see what was up, and after scratching my head at forum changes, knew where to head.     so seeing a couple of interesting issues, I though maybe I'd chime in and see whether the FIM disease had improved or not.   probably not.
That depends which position you are in.   Our first child was born in 1981, and the second in 84.  All the research I did was done by going to a medical library, one hour away, painstakingly going through the medicus cumulus indexus, ordering articles..., and when not there, writing snail mail letters all around the world to places like NAPSAC in the USA which had some brilliant information, and Dr Robert Mendelsohn, who became a close friend, and Dr Tony Morris. ...
I think in the long run, this will backfire because so many parents have had their children damaged by vaccines, have been told that there is nothing that doctors can offer them and have rescued their children at the hands of quackery.   the rate of vaccine damage is getting higher not lower, and Paul Offit denies all of it.    There will come a time when parents look at Paul Offit's words, and say, "Well, isn't that interesting.  they had nothing to offer me and...
  That would be a good idea.