or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:

Posts by Momtezuma Tuatara

Quote: Originally Posted by mrsfatty What makes a good study? What makes a study reliable? Depends what you are studying, and what your study premis is: So you need to ask a specific question. For instance, as one miniscule part of problems I have with the way Vioxx was studied,using Celebrex as the control, was the assumptiont that celebrex was a good drug with no problems, therefore they weren't "depriving" the control of "good"...
Quote: Originally Posted by Gitti One more question: Is measles an indigenous disease to Africa? It was not to the Americas. Or am I wrong? Measles in writings, originated in Arabia, where the first reference to it is "Hasbah" or "Rhazes" in Arabian writing, which was translated in mediaeval Latin to Morbilli. There is speculation that it was taken west with the various invasion waves, and was at its height in the UK between 1674, through to...
Quote: Originally Posted by Gitti One thing that I would like to know is how did people in Africa survive and populate the continent if malaria was always a huge problem. And MT you are saying that sickle cell has nothing to do with protection against malaria? No, I never questioned that. I know about sickle cell/Malaria: http://www.physics.ohio-state.edu/~w...on/sickle.html Quote: How sickle cell protects against malaria. [added...
Quote: Originally Posted by wallacesmum MT - I really want to learn more about this, and about how I can undo the years of damage. This book isn't available through Amazon or my library right now, and I understand that you don't want to get into it here, but is there another source for this info that you recommend? Ok, not to hijack, I have just been trolling unsuccessfully for this...
Quote: Originally Posted by aisraeltax FTR, my son didnt have a transfusion. I just wanted to make sure he got MY blood in case he needed any. he ended up not needing any, but we didn't know that ahead of time. There are three sorts of blood transfusions: Donor transfusion, where the blood comes from a non-family member. Autologous blood transfusion, where you save your own blood for yourself later, or some of the child's blood is...
Scroll down for the 2006 list: http://www.mja.com.au/public/issues/...d10500_fm.html
Malaria has always been a huge problem in Africa. It just wasn't written about much, until people like Dr Albert Schweitzer started writing about it. How much "history" do you know, about Africa, Gitti? Exactly what are you "inferring" with regard to malaria in Africa? And how does the measles vaccine mess with the sickle cell? You say Don't ask for links but is that because you have none, because the above is opinion? If that is so, is this the place to...
That would be the Heaf TB test.
Well, they tried dousing the USA in DDT during polio epidemics, because they thought polio was spread by flies and mosquitos. And that didn't work. In areas where DDT was used, polio increased, not decreased. What I found interesting was in a textbook, where the description of polio matched symptoms of DDT poisoning. I also found a thesis in a major library here by a doctor looking at all sprays, including prussian blue, and all variants up to the 60's, in which...
Quote: Originally Posted by dingogirl Originally posted by MT Yes it is. Now shut the hell up.
New Posts  All Forums: