or Connect

Posts by ascrunchyasimable

I don't have any problem with talking about any of my children's external features either. It is part of them, and I love every part of them. My kids are HAPA, and there aren't many others around here that look like them. They've noticed differences in skin color, and we too relate it to ancestry... and they know that God made all people in His image and that we are all made wonderfully. They love discussing different traditions and languages of people from all over the...
A Woman's Place looks so great, but they're really, really far away. DH looked at me like I was crazy when I suggested it. He lived here for several years before we were married, and said that with traffic around O'Hare being what it is, and us being in the Northwest burbs that he was pretty sure he'd end up catching the baby if we're still in Cary come November. I went ahead and made an information appointment with Homefirst, so we'll see how that goes. I hate...
Yeah, we're pretty far out from the city. That's actually what worries me most about starting with a midwife out here and then moving. My third labor lasted less than two hours from first contraction to nursing my brand new LO. My midwives were a little over an hour away at a birthing center attached to a hospital, and we baaaaaaaaaaaaaaarely made it there. I guess that's why I keep thinking that Homefirst might be my best option, just because they have an office near...
Hi! We recently moved to the Chicago area and almost immediately got preggers. It'll be our fourth, and I'm pretty set on homebirthing (finally!), as we usually get to the hospital and have the baby within 20 minutes of our arrival and then check out at 24 hours. We're all the way out in Cary right now, but are househunting in Elmhurst/Wheaton/Naperville since my DH works in Oak Brook. The problem is, we're waiting for our house to sell back home, so we don't have a...