or Connect

Posts by nmelanson

I recently just found out that pre-labour is more a things that happens for first babies. After that, women are more likely to just go into straight labour - none of that warm up stuff. The thought of this scares me. While in pre-labour with DS, I spent the day cleaning, packing, resting and allowing my body to cleanse itself (lots of loose BM). What happens the second time around? Does the body still do the same cleanse? If so, when does it happen? I thought I already...
I keep getting nausea too for the last few days. I feel like it's morning sickness all over again. It's not too bad though, but annoying.
I already started a thread about suddenly becoming high risk and having to go stay in a bigger city to wait until labour begins.... but I feel like just one thing after another keeps happening and I feel betrayed by a body that keeps giving out on me. I feel angry that my body should know what to do, and this should all just be a normal healthy process, but it doesn't seem to be anymore. And, I feel sad to think that perhaps if I lived in another time in history, or a...
Yes - I feel this too. I'm guessing that laying down allows everyting to spread out and constrict the lungs more since gravity isn't having the same downward pull on the uterus and other innards.... it is annoying though!
Sunshinejanie - homeopathics did it for me last time! As in I took them on Tuesday, started feeling BH contrax like crazy and went into labour on Thursday! I can't remember which ones they were, but I'm sure one can look them up. Of course.... what works for one person won't work for everyone Good luck!
I LOVE Ilan - I just randomly ran into someone from university days (on the opposite side of the country) and she named her son Ilan. I had never heard it beofre - I liked it a lot. I like Noam or Gilad as a middle name to go with it. We have a boy's name - Cael Malachi, but no girl's name. I would like the middle name to be Victoria if it's a girl, since it's my mom's name and both DH and I have names that mean something victorious.
After I wrote my post last night I was thinking a lot about cultural sensitivity circumcision. While I stand by my discomfort in judging others who choose circumcision for their sons, I felt uncomfortable when I realized that YES! I would stand up against female circumcision. Why do I draw this line? It is a very complex issue wrapped in culture, ethics and power. I agree with Puppyfluffer when she said that "the strong feminist movement... minimizes the pain of...
Not mucousy -- but I wasn't last time with DS wither. Lotsa extra discharge suddenly though! I have also been experiencing the loose BM thing on and off (I've been constipated a lot this pregnancy, so it's a change for me). I've also been having queasy tummy times and small appetite (my 3 year old eats more than me). However, baby is not engaged any more, though it was a week ago. I JUST found out this weekend that pre-labour is very much a thing of first-time...
I'm starting to get to that point where I hate this - I have some really great days still.... for a while this wee one was very nicely engaged so walking was very uncomfortable and it was causing me to have radiating pains in my lower back (pelvis opening?). But the rascal went back up for some more swimming time I guess 'cause I can walk again! I feel like I'm 60 yrs as opposed to 95 yrs - so I guess that's a bonus! DH has been wonderful and encouraging - I'm so...
I suppose people shrug their shoulders at it because of not wanting to be culturally insensitive. It's not just an American thing - it is practiced in many parts of the world, often tied to religious belief, or sometimes just cultural practice. In either case, most people derive their identity from their culture or religion and its practices. It's not so simple as teaching people the "facts". Lines of identity and cultural belonging often go far deeper than "facts". ...