or Connect

Posts by Diyan

We have once a day that all the toys have to be put away in their proper places.  It's supposed to be after naps and before snacks, and I try to time it so that it's tidy when DH gets home from work.  I almost always have some of my stuff out that also needs tidied, so it helps that I'm working right along side them.  I try to keep all the toys in the living room so the bedroom doesn't need tidied too.  Sometimes it works to hold out snack as the carrot for when it's done,...
Between 7 and 8am - Wake up.  If I can get up before the kids I use the time to tidy the kitchen and get breakfast laid out.  On days we have to be somewhere I time, I have a detailed schedule of when we need to eat breakfast, change diapers, nurse the baby, and put on shoes and jackets.  Other days it's relaxed, and we play and read and rock and talk, and breakfast is often after 9:30.   9 or 10 - leave the house.  Sunday, church; Monday, errands (I'm supposed to be...
I need help.  After about two weeks of successfully wearing underwear with very few accidents, we're now on day 8 of no poops in the potty, and peeing in the potty only if I insist he go or if he's supposed to be in bed.  He's 2 3/4 years.  Is this much regression normal?  Do we just keep dealing with accidents?  Do we go back to diapers and try again later?  If we go back to diapers after having told him he was done with them, does that hurt our credibility when we try...
Next to our recycle bins we keep a box for stuff to get rid of.  I try to take appropriate things to the children's consignment, or donate them to a fund raiser yard sale, but if the box gets full before I do that, I just drop it off at the Goodwill and start a new box.   I also have a book case in the guest bedroom where I put a bunch of $1 plastic "shoe" boxes.  This is where I collect most of the multiple part toys and collections of smaller toys, and the kids can...
This is my first time charting to avoid through return of fertility, and I have questions.   (My kids are 4 1/2 years, 2 1/4 years, and 7 months.  After baby 1, I got my period at 11 months and was ready to try for # 2.  After #2, first period was again 11 months, and ready to try for #3. We were successful very quickly, and after the birth of baby 3 I have decided that 22 months is not long enough between babies.  So after baby #3 when I wanted *more* space, my...
Thanks for the update.  It's good to hear that things went well :)
I realize your post is from a while ago and I don't know when your planned travel was, but since I recently left my 2-year-old nursling for 5 days, I thought I'd chime in.  My 2-year-old did fine.  If yours is with her dad or someone she has a good attachment to she's not likely to miss nursing any more than she would miss you if she were weaned.   My DS nurses 2 or 3 times a day, usually for as long as I let him (10 minutes or so), but sometimes he only gets a let...
Huh - I hadn't thought of wool.  I've never tried it before since it's so much more expensive than the PUL covers that I've been plenty pleased with.   I don't know where I would find someone to custom knit it for me, but it might be worth looking into. Thanks for the suggestion :)
My almost-4-year-old still needs a diaper at night, but he's 48 lbs and wears a size 6.  For the past year he's been wearing a Proraps XL cover, but he's definitely too big for it now. Any suggestions for a bigger cover?  I'm about to resort to using disposables, which I'd rather not do.
  Didn't mean to criticize your word - just explaining why I use the word I do.