or Connect

Posts by Oubliette8

I had heard he was ill, I'm so sad to hear of his passing. He was a great man.
This one seems to start with K- http://www.boardingschoolreview.com/school_ov/school_id/545 After that, it seems there are 2 or 3 listed that start at grade 3.
This is going to depend entirely on the individual dog. I know dogs who would be fine and ignore the tortoise. I also know dogs who might try to eat it (not because they're mean, just because they're curious chewers, and well, dogs) Dogs can certainly be trained to leave other pets alone, but a lot of that will depend on the breed and temperment of the dog. Is the tortoise so large that it would be free ranging? Would it have a dedicated cage or room to call its own? If...
Thank you ladies! I went ahead and ordered one from American Medical Ids. I'll keep the others in mind if I need them in the future. Thank you so much.
I was wondering if someone could reccomend a good source for a medical alert bracelet? I can't find a place to do it locally, so will have to send away, and the online reviews and such are making me nervous! I just want something simple and plain, preferrably with most of the engraving on the back. But something of good quality that will hold up, they seem sort of pricey, so want to make sure I get a good quality product. More lines or character spaces are a bonus, I've...
Have you been checked by your doctor? I'd be concerned that the urinary issues might be a bigger problem- an infection or kidney issue. I wouldn't wait to wean off before making sure its the drug and not something else causing those. I agree though, that weaning off seems best. The twitching eye and facial/neck symptoms are troubling. As far as how long before you feel better, that really depends on the person. Some folks feel better within days, others it takes a few...
I would suggest therapy first, and I think both you and your H/DD have valid points. She wont change until she's ready. However, it may be that once in therapy, she'll be willing to work with someone who is not Mom. Once she gets comfortable, she may be more willing to take risks and start to work on it with a stranger who does not have a big stake in it. I've done that myself- claim I dont want to do something because I am scared, but in private, with a therapist who is...
This is not exactly true. Individuals with serious mental illness die an average of 25 years earlier than their peers. That would be like dying at 55 instead of 80. Some of this difference is due to suicide and inadequate access to health care compounded by things like homelessness. However, some of it is related to issues that the meds cause or exacerbate- like obesity, heart disease, and diabetes. And of course, suicide can sometimes be linked to the meds as well thus...
I wonder if it would help if you considered that some women actually prefer male caregivers? Obviously you don't, and thats completely fine. You said that they arent going to make you allow him to be present at all, that you would have to opt in. I know, for myself, I've always felt FAR more comfortable with male caregivers than female. I know this might be somewhat unusual for a female, but thats the way it is. I've actually had people suggest females and leave out male...
I think it is a tricky issue. If you are not currently having issues, and dont feel you need any medications, and have a safety plan in case you do start to have problems then I would not take the medication. On the other hand, if a mother is having serious mental health issues while pregnant, the health and safety of the mother may come before the baby. And, of course, having a mother who is sane and rational may be of greater benefit to the baby than the potential risk...