or Connect

Posts by bignerpie

This exactly.
We are starting GAPS in the next couple weeks, as recommended by my son's doctor. I'm getting stuff together now (making the broths, etc.). My son is the poster child for the GAPS diet with his symptoms, and I think it will benefit all of us.   I haven't read all of the posts yet, but is anyone else doing the diet while breastfeeding? My daughter is 6 months old, and is 99% breastfed. I just started giving her some bites of my food here and there.
We eloped 6 years ago, and I don't regret it one bit. We went to the courthouse and didn't tell anyone until after the fact. We had been engaged for a year prior, so it wasn't that big of a surprise. I know I'll sound unromantic, but I hate weddings and the whole to-do. I hate being the center of attention and so does my husband. We chose to spend the money we would have spent on a wedding (no family on either side to help us with that) and bought/renovated our...
UPDATE: My son has had speech therapy, occupational therapy, and special instruction with EI for the past couple months. It has been a tremendous help! His tantrums are almost non-existent now, and his speech is really improving. Sleep is still a struggle, but we're on the right path.   My big reason for updating- yesterday, the SLP unofficially diagnosed my son with hyperlexia. One of his obsessions is letters and numbers. He has been able to identify letters for...
Tuesday was my daughter's 3 month birthday... I can't believe it! Here she is in the Bumbo. She can almost sit up by herself! She has the strength, just not the balance yet. Her brother sat up unassisted at 4 months, so I don't think it will be much longer!    What are your babies up to? What would you like to brag about?   
  I am not doing so well with my challenge... 
Mine too! I haven't weighed her for a while, but she is wearing mostly 6 months clothes, too. All of her clothes have come from my sister, whose daughter is 9 months old, and they are practically wearing the same size! Things that my niece are JUST growing out of are fitting my daughter. It's crazy.  
One of these- http://www.amazon.com/Munchkin-Pack-Fresh-Feeder-Colors/dp/B000GK5XY2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1321687642&sr=8-1   I thought I was the only person in the world that didn't have one.  The washcloth would be a lot simpler!
I swear, mine is acting like she's teething already, too!   I have never tried it, but I've read to put some frozen breastmilk in one of those mesh feeder things.
I've been spending a lot of time on this website. They have a ton of info on the GFCF diet and a page of formulas here.   I don't have any personal experience with formula, so maybe someone else can give you a better recommendation.